My Family is Falling Out
Hey all! So I'll try to keep it short but just a thank you to anyone who reads this, gives advice, and power to you if you're going through something similar because I know we'll get through this! So my parents have been fighting since forever now, they should divorce but they are not getting one. My dad is really mean towards my mom, he always takes his parent's side and my mom constantly bottles up her emotions instead of communicating. So the major problem is my dad, he isn't very respectful of my mom. But my mom mostly confides in me and my brother and at the moment I want to tell her that I don't want to know anymore but I can't cause she really has nobody else to talk to. Anyways my mom is planning to pack her bags and leave and take me along and I don't mind leaving our house with her but I am in my last year of college and we won't really have any money. My mom won't take any help from my dad and I'm really scared of the financial situation we'll end up in. I don't know what to do!!!
@understandingTortoise8464 This is a hard situation that you are facing, and I am sorry you are going through this.
Maybe try a listener here at 7cups.
Maybe try to convince your mom, that maybe a divorce, might be the best thing.
I hope, this is somewhat helpful,to you.
There are no easy answers here.
I think you should freely ask this to your mom, what she thought about your finances? I know it might be hard. But I think these issues should be talked and discussed . If she has some plans then you decide to go with the plan or not. If she has nothing in her mind you should have a discussion about that particular issue. And just ask her directly dear don't you also bottle up your emotion.
heey! i'm so sorry you're going through this. it's a tough situation and it's hard for anyone to say what's the right thing to do here.. and i get your worries. i don't wanna overstep, but personally i think that moving would be good for your mum, but also for you, your brother, probably, eventually for you dad too. because you all are suffering because of those fights :( i wanted to say that money isn't something you should worry about, but rn situation with jobs and money isn't pretty, so, i won't say that. but, maybe you can talk to your mum, advise her you can move but maybe after earning some money. at least then she would have a job and you both would be sure that you can pay your rent. i don't know if my advice is any good or manageable but i wanted you to know that someone has read your text and tried their best to reply and show support :)