My mother thinks I'm her enemy
I'm 30 years old and i live with my mother, she is my only relative left, her ex husband was abusive and he left the house after the cops took him away when he hit her badly. Now every thing that's bad she accuses me of doing it, if the cat threw the plants to the floor, it's me, if the flowers fell from the plant, it's me, if a moth eats her clothes, it's me, I've tried to talk to her but everything escalates to yelling, I end up crying, and she gets mad because I'm crying and she doesn't like me crying even though her words hurt deeply. I do want to leave , I want to live somewhere else but I feel like I'm trapped, i don't know how to make her understand that bad things happen and that's not my fault, I'm not a bad daughter..I am now emotionally distant from her but it's because of the insults she said to me on those rages and because I realized during my recent break up that my ex boyfriend was a lot like her , and i don't want someone that doesn't acknowledge its faults and gaslights me like my mother does. Please help
@Gabilu
I can't imagine who painful it is to hear someone you love so much lay the blame on you for every minor inconvience that happens in everyday life. It's not fair for her to yell at you to the point that you cry. You mentioned wanting to move into your own home. Are there any obstacles you have that make moving into your own space difficult? It sounds like you need some peace in your life for your own well being. Would councelling be something you might be interested in looking into? Based on what you've said, it sounds like you've struggled with an immense amount of stress for a long while. Thank you for sharing your story and for reaching out to the community here for support.