No bound with my father
So I've be struggling with this for as long as I can remember. My parents got divorced when I was about three years old, my parents decided my brother and I would go to my fathers on the weekend and one day in the week so my father has always be in my life but our relationship feels more like a relationship between two co workers who have nothing in common and never have meaningful conversations I'm also very introverted (so is my dad) around people i dont know so i always feel very awkward around my father and feel like I can never be myself around him ( I turn into this really shy reserved person) This has had a massive impact on me as he was the only adult male I had in my life pretty much up to the age of 16 so now I find it very hard to have any relationship men as I always feel very awkward around them and almost make up a difference personality when I'm around them. I'm 23 now I basically just realised I can actully work though this so of anyone has any advise i would be very grateful if you could share
@ollie97
It sounds like it's been hard for you growing up without a close bond with your Dad and I understand how that can make dating relationships difficult today. You mentioned feeling like you almost adopt a different personality in your dating relationships currently. How might you feel if you took some time to focus on your intrests, your passions, and trying new things? You could learn a lot of wonderful things about yourself.