Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Not having a home

User Profile: indigoOrange9898
indigoOrange9898 May 23rd, 2022

trigger: abusive behaviour

Rn I'm living in my dorm room, but I need to move out next month, so I should be preparing to move my things away. My mom told me that it's okay for me to stay at her place until I find a new apartment. The only problem is my 27 year old brother, who isn't working rn. He lives with my parents and help them with small things around their business. He has anger issues and last time he was threatening me to hurt me, if I would ever come back home. My things are now at my parents place and my parents are away. I cried often over this. He told me the reason for him to threaten and harass me, was because I was being "disrespectful", while he admitted to be treating me like $hit. I literally asked if he could look for one of my moms documents, since he's managing all that now. That I can't do my paper works without my moms missing document. He never threatened me over chat like that. The last time he screamed at me over the phone for nothing, I had a panic attack. I'm afraid to go home..

1
User Profile: xiaoleli
xiaoleli May 27th, 2022

Hello @indigoOrange9898

At this point I think you should really talk to someone about this like your parents. Out of genuine concern are you in fear for your own safety to be in the same room as your brother? If that is the case then It is better for you to let your friends, your family or someone that can guide you know immediately. You should never have to go back to a space where you feel threatened and unsafe. Being emotionally and physically threatened by someone and your family can be really difficult to deal with. Either you can try to talk to them about their behavior or if you feel like even that causes you stress and fear then it is a serious problem. Threats over Chad and phone calls can be left as evident so don’t be afraid to let others know about your situation and give you help.

I am so sorry that something so dramatic and stressful is happening to you, and I pray that the situation will be resolved soon and you will feel safe again.