Parents telling me to Move Out
I had an argument yesterday and my mum told me I had to move out of the house. I'm still in university so I might be able to get some extra support from them, but right now I'm desperate for more replies (since they only reply on working days). I have a pet hamster and uni dorms have a no-pets rule, but that's the only way I could get cheap rent. I'm really, really not prepared to surrender her. She's a scared and shy one. Another thing is, I need to save up money, but I don't know how I'm going to move everything when I move out. I know carrying them one by one on the bus is an option since only the clothes are taking up space. I don't have any friends that might help me with it.
I also can't eat the food in the house anymore and cooking is not an option since my parents moan about me wasting gas and ingredients in the kitchen. I was thinking maybe I could get some bread and jam and wait until I got a solution for my pet and rent problem.
@MilesOfBlossom
That shouldnt be happening. Speak to your parents and set up some rules. If they say no there are some places that can help. Sorry your going throu this
@AquaSloth1612
😔I can't really reason with my mum. My dad will only listen to her. And the moment I speak, she starts insulting me so it never ends in a good conversation. I have to move
@MilesOfBlossom
Your mum is being unreasonable. I understand my dad agrees with my mum to keep the peace which is why everything is my fault. Check some places online they can be cheap and pet friendly. Good luck
@AquaSloth1612
That is exactly how my family is as well. My dad never cares. He only cares about his wife
I've checked, but the rent is on average £400. A place at uni with the cheapest being £100. I could afford that, but I need to solve the issue with my pet too. My parents will definitely not take good care of her.
Do you not have any friends who can take care of your pet.
By the way I'm shocked a mother would do this to her son.
You deserve better.. Good luck!
It's for your own good, get away from ppl who are toxic, sometimes your own parents.