Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Person I'm living with at the near of their life is being a complete asshole. HELP

User Profile: GalaxyDino
GalaxyDino June 15th, 2025

So for the past week now, he has been having all sorts of mood swings and it's accumulated today to him yelling, throwing things, and punching walls. My mom says it's because he knows he's dying soon, and she wants me to move out so I dont have to be around it, fair, I don't want to be around it either, but she's also refusing to leave because she's 'the only one that can take care of him'. I don't want her to have to deal with this, especially alone. Is there anything I can do? 

6
User Profile: Tinywhisper11
Tinywhisper11 June 15th, 2025

@CosmicDolphin awww I'm sorry sweetie 🙁 no-one should have to deal with that it must be incredibly hard for you to see him act this way 🙁 your mum is right he probably realises it's nearly time for him to go🙁 which must be very hard for him, you don't know what emotions are going through his head right now. You also don't know if he's in pain and suffering physically😥 I'm so sorry your going through this. Is there was way he can go to a hospice? Somewhere he can be cared for during this difficult time for you all?? I think looking into that might be your best option right now. I will keep you all in my prayers 💖 hugs you tightly 💖

User Profile: GalaxyDino
GalaxyDino OP June 15th, 2025

@Tinywhisper11 thank you. i know all of that, and it sucks for him, but i wish he would find a healthier way to deal with it. honestly, he's been on a mental decline since like january and this feels like the accumulation of everything. as for the hospice thing, he's definitely too stubborn to do something like that. i dont know, i think the best thing i can do right now is keep an eye on things and make sure he doesnt get any worse. theyre both saying he would never physically hurt her, and as far as i know he hasnt, but i feel like this is a very slippery slope. 💖accepts hug 💖

User Profile: Tinywhisper11
Tinywhisper11 June 15th, 2025

@CosmicDolphin it's a sad situation for all of you🙁 there's never a easy solution in theese situations. Yes maybe keeping an eye on things is the only thing you can really do right now. Please make sure your looking after yourself too 💖 sending lots of love and hugs 💖

User Profile: GalaxyDino
GalaxyDino OP June 15th, 2025

thank you, I will.

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: calmingWinter9653
calmingWinter9653 June 19th, 2025

@CosmicDolphin Hello, I'm very sorry you're going through such a difficult moment. Being around someone who is acting out sounds really stressful and distressing, especially when it's connected to something as serious as illness and the thought of death.  It’s understandable that you want to shield yourself from the hurt and chaos, but also care deeply about your mom and want to support her as she is the caregiving. Have you been able to talk openly with your mom about how this situation is affecting you both? Sometimes sharing your feelings honestly can help you find a way to support each other without either of you feeling alone or overwhelmed. 

How are you coping with all this? What do you feel you need most right now?

You’re not alone in this, and it’s really brave of you to reach out.

User Profile: GalaxyDino
GalaxyDino OP June 20th, 2025

@calmingWinter9653 Without going into too many details, she is not great at talking about her feelings when it comes to more serious things, and I don't want to dump everything on her when she's already dealing with so much. I agree things would be easier if we did talk to each other more about it, and will keep trying to get her to open up. 

As for coping, I've mainly been doing things I enjoy and distancing myself from him as much as I can. Right now, the thing I think I need the most is for him to just leave me alone. He always makes some kind of comment no matter what I do, and while I don't believe anything he says about me, it's tiring to hear. 

Thank you! That's very kind of you to say! 

load more