Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Sister reconciliation

User Profile: Mre605
Mre605 September 20th, 2022

I went no contact with my controlling narcissistic sister years ago for my mental well being. The space between us has been good, but I’m ready to reconcile our relationship as I’d like to know my nieces and nephew etc. I’m a bit nervous and I’m just not sure what to say. She just acts entitled and I want to make sure I withhold my boundaries. Any advice is welcome! 😊




2
User Profile: bestEast2648
bestEast2648 September 20th, 2022

I am sorry there has been a division with that relationship. I have 3 older Sister’s. It is a VERY tough relationship…sisterhood. I used to talk with my Sister that is 3 years older than me daily. We got into an argument and as the years have slipped away the relationship has changed. As we age we all change. Be careful and remember you are a grown woman now with your own life and opinions. Stay strong and try to avoid conflict. It may never be the way it once was. Say a prayer before you reach out to her and if it is not a good feeling after you talked with her than limit those calls. It makes me sad that my Sister has changed. I have to let it go and move on and live my life. Take care and I hope you find what you want that relationship to be for you.

User Profile: Mre605
Mre605 OP September 20th, 2022

Yes I totally agree it will not be the same, and I’m not expecting her to be any different. I have accepted she is who she is, and my plan is to try stick to my boundaries and call her out nicely when she says or does something hurtful, and I’m simply just to going to not engage in her antics. I’m just more so trying to figure out how to even approach and what to say to her since it’s been so many years since I haven’t. I just went to keep simple and to move forward.

load more