Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Strained and estranged dad

User Profile: lexcalibur
lexcalibur July 6th, 2021

He’s been emotionally and physically abusive in my earlier years and now just comes and goes when he decides to want me and it hurts so much. He recently reached out to meet my son almost three months after I gave him the opportunity to meet him when my son was first born. What do I do?

1
User Profile: greenDay7663
greenDay7663 July 6th, 2021

This is really hard But I think it has to come to a decision of how you feel. I would let him meet his grandson but I would still be cautious and after that it's really up to you. You can only love someone and allow them to hurt you so much at some point you kind of have to put up boundaries of what you will accept and won't accept. Even though it's hard to set those boundaries at the end of it all you might feel better for them just because you're protecting yourself and your son even though it's something that you feel like you shouldn't have to.