Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Surrounded with problem family member

User Profile: gss3006
gss3006 June 2nd, 2022

I am surrounded with problem family members.

  1. Husband: he goes find women frequently and drinks outside. He don’t bother about the household matter. He don’t care about the kids. He don’t know I know that he fools around.
  2. Younger son: 13 years old. failed a 3 of his subjects. I confiscated his computer as he was addicted to his games. He stopped talking to me until today. It’s been 5 days.
  3. Elder son: 15 years old. He values his friends a lot. But his academic results are bad. But he refused any help. Don’t want assessment books. Sent him to various tuition centres. But none fit. Recent one that he settled down with, he say the tutor has no problem. The problem is him.
  4. mum: she refused to have a maid to take care of dad whom had fell recently and is not as mobile as before. But she is clinging on to anyone available to help her with daily activities like buying food, throwing rubbish.
  5. Sis: she is working part time. But she will make sure that I, whom is working full time, to make sure I do my equal share in taking care of our parents. She stay near parents within 5 min walk. I stay away from parents that I need to take transport to visit them. Sis will calculate with me on the number of days that I need to take care of parents.


although I’m working full time, but I’m not really recognised in my work. Everything is not favourable to me.


nobody understands me. Me work is overwhelming. I don’t have people to help me with my children. I’m loosing grip of my own family. And yet sis is biting on my tails to take care of parents with her. She has a happy family.


what should I do with all of them. Is it my problem or is it them?


am I a failure? I wish I can disappear and don’t care of everything.


5
User Profile: anxietywarrior23
anxietywarrior23 June 2nd, 2022

@gss3006

you are not a failure! so sorry you are having family problems. those are tough but I'm sure it will get better.

1 reply
User Profile: gss3006
gss3006 OP June 2nd, 2022

💐 Thank you. I really hope things will get better before I can’t support anymore.

load more
User Profile: sensitivePal8315
sensitivePal8315 June 2nd, 2022

@gss3006

First, YOU are not a FAILURE, get that thought out of you head,

Second, have you tried talking to them? remember sometimes communication is key.

P.S I'm sorry you went through all that, *pops out of screen and gives you a hug*


1 reply
User Profile: gss3006
gss3006 OP June 2nd, 2022

💝 I had talked to them before. Talked to husband and his sister years back when I showed them the evidence that I have. Husband shed some tears and say he don’t know what to do. But days later back to square one.


Talked to mum. She say she can handle herself. But sister say can’t leave the elderly at home. We both have responsibilities. She also need her own time. That’s why I said the elderly needs a helper. But sister didn’t impose on mum to accept a helper.


Now if sister and her family were to go on a holiday, I am supposed to go over to look after the elderly. I have my own family to take care, I don’t have a helper. All chores and my home I have to do on my own. I have a full time job. I hope I can keep standing.

load more
User Profile: LearningLifeProblems
LearningLifeProblems June 19th, 2022

Hello,


You are not a Failure, if anything your amazing.


I don't know if you've tried communicating with your sister? As for your husband, is there a reason why you haven't thought about seperation?


Does your 15 year old have issues with all of his classes and which ones are your youngest failing at. I used to work as a home tutor and I might have some ideas that could help them be more motivated.


Stay Strong and know that your AMAZING!!!