Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Toxic dad

User Profile: Rjisbraindead
Rjisbraindead February 18th, 2022

I looked up to my father as a role model for me untill I was 8 my eyes were opened when my dad started drinking and smoking a lot. That les to a lot of fights between my mom (which I love her to death) my moms calm about the fights but my dad takes it too far. He used and kinda still does mentally and physically abuse me and my brother, like one time he choked me for not doing something, so that’s the reason I hate my father. Everytime I ask my mom to divorce him she just won’t listen

8
User Profile: InquireWithin
InquireWithin February 22nd, 2022

@Rjisbraindead

I'm really sorry you have experienced this. It's hard when you look up to someone only to see the person you idolized stumble and fall and reveal their worst flaws.

User Profile: Tracey12345
Tracey12345 February 22nd, 2022

Hello I am sorry to hear this


User Profile: silverglitter1989
silverglitter1989 February 23rd, 2022

It must be hard to have to go through this & continue to do so.

I wouldn't say looked up to my dad but more so my mom. He had always been physically abusive sometimes mentally towards all his children & my mom.

We screamed at the fights, phoned police, 34 years on my mom is still with my dad. Although with all your might, you can't change someone else's decision

If you ever need someone to speak to, I'm here.

1 reply
User Profile: positiveRiver9935
positiveRiver9935 February 23rd, 2022

So sorry to hear about this. I'm a listener on here if you want to chat. My dad too was abusive. I am now 33 years old and have been away from him what seems like a lifetime. Good luck to you. I'll be here if needed... 🤞👍🙏

load more
User Profile: unassumingSpruce9514
unassumingSpruce9514 February 23rd, 2022

@Rjisbraindead
Im going though a similar situation im so sorry thats happening to you no one deserves that

User Profile: positiveRiver9935
positiveRiver9935 February 23rd, 2022

I'm here if/when needed/wanted... I too have a abusive dad. Luckily my mom left him when we were all a lot younger. But the memories will probably stay with you. I'll be here if/when you want to talk about anything at all

User Profile: PeacefulPinecone
PeacefulPinecone February 24th, 2022

@Rjisbraindead My heart breaks for you - the dad you used to look up to is showing you his toxic ways and causing you harm. I'm sorry that your mom isn't listening to you - it can be hard to be a minor and rely on your parents to make the right choices for you. First and foremost, please stay safe - It can be good to have a plan for when he becomes physically abusive to make sure you are able to get help and get to safety. There are many resources online you can find with tips for this. I hope things get better for you - stay strong!

User Profile: Rjisbraindead
Rjisbraindead OP February 24th, 2022

Than you for all the love and advice if it gets worse I’ll make sure to update but right now he’s out of state working so I’m happy ☺️