Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Toxic mother , stuck on moving out

User Profile: sensitiveField9188
sensitiveField9188 June 9th, 2021

Hello , I need some opinions on what I should do with leaving my parents house. I’m currently 20 years old and I babysit my baby brother basically everyday for 8 hours, my mother is toxic and manipulative, physically and verbally abusive to me she has always been like that, she has stop hitting me once she had my brother but she still brings me down and blames me for everything even if I didn’t do anything for her to act out. I’m wanting to move out but scared she might show up to my job or turn my brother against me once he gets older I know if I talk to her in person about it, it will get crazy and I’m trying to avoid that, and I don’t want her to stop me from seeing my brother either so I’m stuck on what to do but I don’t wanna be in this toxic household for much longer either. I was thinking of leaving a note and writing out why I left and etc and some money for them to at least find a babysitter but I’m still stuck and clueless.

1
User Profile: froggiecake
froggiecake June 9th, 2021

I knew somebody who was the oldest and had young siblings and his mother treated him like the dog. She was a pretty rude person, she didn’t like me because I was a girl and was friends with her son. I’m literally married and 5 years older than him. Anyways One weekend he told her face to face he was moving out and his car was packed. That’s all he said. Of course she was upset (similarly to you, probably upset she lost a babysitter) however she just said bye. He said the first week was great, he felt nervous about her because she was too, someone to be afraid of when keeping your reputation afloat. After a few weeks it’s like she had changed from horrible to just a mother who realized she missed her son. I think honestly if your mom is giving you a sh** ton of abuse, maybe just calmly drop the bombshell of, you’re smarter than you look and stronger too. When you move out and leave, she’ll regret it. And if she doesn’t, your siblings will know one day too. Remember, you only get ONE life to live, don’t waste another second being abused.