Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Vent: What do you do when nothing you do is good enough for someone?

User Profile: GalaxyDino
GalaxyDino May 10th, 2025

I am stressed. I am tired and I am stressed. If I take a couple of seconds to answer him, I'm ignoring him. If I give him an answer he doesn't want, he shuts the conversation down. If I give him what he does want, he still eventually has a problem with something. It's like no matter what I do I can't win, he always has something to say. And this is just the surface of the problems with him. I can't do this anymore. I don't care what he has to say, but it's hard to ignore him when he doesn't stop talking.

15
User Profile: zaamith
zaamith May 10th, 2025

''Only care for the people who care about you''.😇

User Profile: GalaxyDino
GalaxyDino OP May 10th, 2025

I don’t care about him, he just doesn’t stop and I don’t know what to do.

load more
User Profile: RegalSpirit
RegalSpirit May 11th, 2025

@CosmicDolphin While I don't have the full context, you seem quite overwhelmed with the situation. Would you say the problem here is how he acts, or how it makes you react?

User Profile: GalaxyDino
GalaxyDino OP May 11th, 2025

He makes me angry and I don’t want to be angry all the time, that’s not who I am.

load more
User Profile: 7vnstarenthusiast
7vnstarenthusiast May 11th, 2025

That sounds exhausting. You deserve to be heard & respected, don’t let him make you feel otherwise. Hang in there

User Profile: GalaxyDino
GalaxyDino OP May 11th, 2025

Thank you! I’ll try my best!

load more

I know that monologue well. You need to get out of that relationship now, get a support system to help on your way out to a better life. You deserve better!

User Profile: GalaxyDino
GalaxyDino OP May 12th, 2025

It’s not my relationship, it’s my mom’s husband and I’m currently living with them cause I don’t really have anywhere else to go. But thank you!

load more
User Profile: patientZebra9486
patientZebra9486 May 12th, 2025

@CosmicDolphin if you constantly put yourself in a losing situation then how do you ever expect to win. 

User Profile: GalaxyDino
GalaxyDino OP May 12th, 2025

Sorry, I don’t understand what you’re saying. Could you phrase it in a different way?

load more
User Profile: akunknown
akunknown May 12th, 2025

@CosmicDolphin

I don’t care if anything I do isn’t good enough for someone. Everything I do is good enough for me and that’s all I need. It’s my life. Not someone else’s. Simple as that. 

If someone else can’t accept that and gets stressed about it, it’s their problem and their responsibility to solve that problem. 

While I love helping others I’m not a slave or a people pleaser. 

I believe if you lived this way you’d be much happier and less stressed. 

User Profile: GalaxyDino
GalaxyDino OP May 13th, 2025

Yeah I try my best to live that way because you’re completely right but even when I just ignore him he still has something to say. It’s not what he’s saying, I know who I am and I’m comfortable in it, it’s that he’s saying anything at all. I don’t know how to deal with the fact that he just doesn’t stop. Once he’s upset about something it’s everyone else’s problem and I’m just tired of it. But thank you for the advice! Definitely a good reminder!

load more
User Profile: Hope265
Hope265 November 4th, 2025

@CosmicDolphin It sounds exhausting to deal with someone who reacts no matter what you say. You’re trying so hard to keep the peace, and it still feels like you’re walking on eggshells. Anyone would feel stressed in a situation where nothing is ever ‘right’ enough. You don’t sound uncaring ; you sound overwhelmed and worn out by constantly trying. 

User Profile: StevenAustralia
StevenAustralia August 28th
Hi @GalaxyDino. I'm sorry to hear that are feeling very overwhelmed by the relationship with your mum's husband. It must be hard feeling like you can never win no matter what you say. Relationships like this are always challenging. I would love to hear how things have progressed in the past few months... has the situation become better or worse?