Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Venting...I guess.

User Profile: StressedTFOut0914
StressedTFOut0914 October 28th, 2021

Let me start off by saying I've never done something like this before so if I'm doing it wrong I do apologize.


I've been married for 11 years now. We have two kids together ages 12 & 7. He is our sole financial support. Refuses to let me work. Says I don't need to, because it's the man's job to provide for his family. BUT he refuses to help with the kids or around the house no matter how much I ask or beg him too. It's a lot for me to do. I can't even get him to load the dishwasher or feed the dog. I've tried talking to him telling him he is supposed to be my partner and is supposed to be helping me. But it never changes. My 12 year old also has a list of chores (5 simple tasks) hanging on the fridge that I've asked to be completed everyday and she will get an allowance for doing them. But she has to be reminded literally everyday to them. Then gets mad because she doesn't get paid. All the kids do is fight, non stop from the moment they get home from school until the moment they go to bed. Let's talk finances now. As I said previously my husband is our sole provider. He makes okay money, I guess. But it is NOT cutting it. We live pay check to pay check. We are currently in the boat of "how the hell am I going to buy groceries for the next week" because we had an unexpected expensive nesscary expense come up (vehicle). No we don't qualify for food stamps because he makes "too much" Our bills literally take all of his pay check. But remember I'm not allowed to work to help financially. He never stresses about money, or making ends meet, or figuring out how to get money to buy groceries. All he thinks about is his job, his phone, and watching TV, and the occasional playing a video game. I feel like I'm on the edge of losing my sanity.

1
User Profile: SoftFaith2004
SoftFaith2004 October 29th, 2021

@StressedTFOut0914 hello, I am not your age or know you. But I read your story. Sorry to know all that, I know it's very hard and frustrating. Having a job for you is needed in this times. I understand having two kids is very hard. I can be like that not doing chores sometimes (or always) but I try to do everything right. I know you are stressed. We are trained active listeners, we provide emotional support and we can talk to you ❤ so if you need to talk please browse listeners. You deserve support and we don't want you stressing, we want you to be good ❤ a healthy and happy family is the first thing we need, I can tell you that..