Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Wrong marriage

User Profile: NightShadeMusk
NightShadeMusk April 8th, 2021

I think i have been married into a wrong household. These people are not bad but I just dont align with their expectations.

6
User Profile: PeaceLoveandPaws
PeaceLoveandPaws April 8th, 2021

@NightShadeMusk

What has you feeling like you don't align with their expectations?

User Profile: NightShadeMusk
NightShadeMusk OP April 8th, 2021

I think they wanted a person who when comes to their house becomes exactly like they are. They want me to talk like them, dress like them. Eat what they eat. If not then they will discuss and bitch about all the things I am not doing , to my husband

User Profile: NightShadeMusk
NightShadeMusk OP April 8th, 2021

@peaceloveandpaws

User Profile: PeaceLoveandPaws
PeaceLoveandPaws April 8th, 2021

@NightShadeMusk

That sounds frustrating and hurtful. What does your husband think of the way you are treated? Is this something you can talk with him about?

load more
User Profile: NightShadeMusk
NightShadeMusk OP April 9th, 2021

@PeaceLoveandPaws I dont know. I think sometimes he understands what I feel, sometimes he just could not. There are many times where he feels stuck between his parents and me. I feel really sad and torn when he gets this upset over a situation where he is unable to keep both of us (me and his parents) happy at the same time. But he is too obedient to be true. But what I feel is he just doesn’t see the toxicity of the situation and what this can do to our relationship on the long term. He wants me to keep his parents happy in whatever at every condition but I am really struggling on that front. I feel really uncomfortable with both of them. I feel judged at all times(i cant stress on this enough).

User Profile: NightShadeMusk
NightShadeMusk OP April 9th, 2021

@PeaceLoveandPaws I don’t see myself as a person who separates families. I would really hate myself if I ever do that to him. But I cant see him sad over these things. He is trying very hard to keep us in the same boat but I just don’t know. There are many times where I don’t trust his feelings and his words too. I know he wants to see me happy but I think he was raised to not question his parents. Hence he cant always understand the actual intention of his parents behaviour towards me. He think whatever his parents are doing, dats because they have a genuine reason behind it. ( At the time of our marriage, they feel that they have been insulted by my parents. They don’t like my mother. They feel that they have also married into a wrong family. Hence they take it all out on me.) Also even if everything was okay from my parents side, I think they’d still be over expecting of me.

load more