Caregiver overwhelmed
My dad is in hospital. Has been in and out for over a month. Tried rehab and they messed him up worse. Going to try home health if he gets well enough to come home but my anxiety is so bad. I'm stressed about everything from his care plan to finances and I feel alone. We don't have any family close to us that can help and I am starting to freak out about all of the responsibilities. I don't know if I can handle my own mental health issues on top of the situation. I'm in therapy and it helps but I still feel so lost and alone. How do you navigate these beg life issues while maintaining your own health?
@decisiveCircle5540
There is always responsibilities and big events that come into someones life .... Life does not care if you are prepared and ready in any way...
Big crisis IMO is like a test of our faith and ability to step up..... in everything in life there may be better ways to do things but we can tackle items doing the best we can with what we have. To deal with obstacles as they come up ...... YOU can do it
the only other choice is to be paralyzed with "What if's" and "If only this or that was better" this is like thinking about how to fight a fire but not turning on any water.
Hello. I hear you are stressed out. It sounds like you are overwhelmed by all the responsibilities. How about reaching out to social workers for help?
You are caring, dutiful, amazing to your father. Kudos to you and I really have to acknowledge that it is not easy. I want to affirm you that you are not alone. You have found 7 cups for an example. We are a community and we are here to support you.
I hope your father recovers and life gets easier soon.
That’s a lot to handle on your own. At least you have realistic expectations of what it will take and are already preparing your self maintenence/ self care for the additional pressure. That’s extremely important. It’s not just parents but caretakers of all kinds that need a villiage. I find a solid morning routine with podcasts for caretakers (during mindless chores) also prioritizing sleep and exercise to be very helpful. Feeling alone is the worst. Toxic individualistic behavior is rampant, even encouraged, but that doesn’t make it desirable. That causes me anxiety, personally. It’s easier to have fewer friends but better ones. Plenty of parasocial side quests available until those worthy of your friendship reveal themselves. They will. They’ll help you.