Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

How do you cope with providing round the clock care for multiple family members?

User Profile: Rootner
Rootner August 31st, 2023

I have a loving family but my fiance requires 24/7 care for her disability, and we have a 2 year old that requires just as much attention. How do you guys cope?

3
User Profile: Hapra
Hapra September 2nd, 2023

@Rootner I'm open to talking about it sometime if you'd like.

User Profile: ShiningPanda13
ShiningPanda13 September 2nd, 2023

@Rootner I don't have that problem but when I've been in similar situations, it's "triage" and ask for help/plan and coordinate help. Automate or schedule everything you can so there's a routine that makes it easier to think through.

User Profile: rainbowsprinkles430
rainbowsprinkles430 September 3rd, 2023

@Rootner

Hello! I'm in the same predicament!

I am looking for advice too. I have teenagers. My aunt helps during the week while I work, so I am the caregiver over the weekends. This means its really hard to spend time with my kids. I feel I'm neglecting them. My grandparents do not want outside help.