Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Care Givers: Burn Out

User Profile: Kawataro
Kawataro February 20th, 2021

I am a professional Caregiver, I work as a personal care attendant in a long term care facility. Due to covid I have been working very long hours with very little rest inbetween. I am mandated at least 2 times a week. How have you (professional care givers) been dealing with Burn out and management that threats to fire you if you complain about working an unsafe amount of hours?

2
User Profile: fearlessNickel4472
fearlessNickel4472 February 20th, 2021

Hmm... that definitely doesn't sound like a healthy work environment. When I feel burned out I take time to myself... it's the only way I can recharge and be good for myself and others.

User Profile: CatCommander
CatCommander February 20th, 2021

A job is a form of a relationship, even if it is one based around the exhange of money/services. If your workplace's response to you expressing your personal needs is retaliation, that is deeply unsettling. I don't know your life circumstances well, but perhaps you can consider what alternative options you have available to you.