Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Caring for someone who thinks that you hate them.

User Profile: 9Maxine
9Maxine January 21st, 2023

My husband is disabled.

It's completely and hard to explain but there are neurological problems.

He has convinced himself that I hate him. That my failures are deliberate attacks against him.

I love him so much.

I so overwhelmed.

4
User Profile: toughTiger6481
toughTiger6481 January 21st, 2023

@9Maxine

Caring for anyone all the time is exhausting / overwhelming at times and many especially men do not like to be dependent.... this can cause friction and misunderstandings with any caregiver let alone a spouse....

If we are honest there are moments when we wish we did not have to do most or all of items and that is normal to feel tired or wish things were different ....i bet he does too

User Profile: 0m
0m February 19th, 2023

@9Maxine

It is indeed sad that your husband is misunderstanding you and your intentions. With the situation you describe, it must be a daily constant challenge for you, made worse by the hate he feels.

Since when have you noticed this change? Do you think there might be a reason he's convinced you hate him?

User Profile: BookishWendy
BookishWendy February 22nd, 2023

@9Maxine..wow that sounds really difficult Maxine. I am facing a really similar situation. I wish I had answers for you. Your dedication to him is obvious.


User Profile: BookishWendy
BookishWendy February 22nd, 2023

@9Maxine I am sorry to hear that about your husband. I have faced a similar situation and felt really lost and sad and frustrated. I am here for you.