Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Spouse caregiver

User Profile: secretCucumber6838
secretCucumber6838 March 7th, 2021

My husband and I have been married for 30 years, I have been caregiver for him for more than 6 years. He is blind, on dialysis for failed kidneys, had a stroke and now a bad ulcer on his foot. Incredibly stubborn man. He will not agree to get any kind of medical care until it's emergency status. For years he would not check his blood sugar (told me it was none of my business when I would try to encourage him to do it), didn't check blood pressure (would respond with "you just want there to be something wrong with me"). This foot ulcer he's blaming me for even though I've been telling him for weeks he should get it checked and he'd refuse. I am beyond tired and frustrated. He's in pain and frustrated, speaks ugly. Prayers appreciated.

3
User Profile: PeaceLoveandPaws
PeaceLoveandPaws March 8th, 2021

@secretCucumber6838

That is incredibly frustrating and tiresome. It sounds like you are doing your best to care for him and encourage him to seek medical attention before the situation become an emergency. I'm sorry he's taking his pain and frustrations out on you through mean words. I imagine that would hurt your heart since you are doing so much to be supportive of him and his needs. Sending lots of love and care to you!

1 reply
User Profile: secretCucumber6838
secretCucumber6838 OP March 8th, 2021

@PeaceLoveandPaws Thank you so much for your kind words and prayers. It means so much

load more
User Profile: IloveJesus511
IloveJesus511 April 16th, 2021

Praying for you, keep giving this to God. I know it’s hard. I take care of my husband as well. And all I can do is pray for him and give our situation to God over and over again