Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Toddler caregivers

User Profile: MintSaranae
MintSaranae November 26th, 2022

Hello there! I’m an au pair and known as a child caregiver. I live with my host family and take care of their children. I’m currently struggling with helping the children to take a nap during the day. They always cry and give me a hard time and that makes me burnout. The situation: the baby girl doesn’t go to her bed and i can’t make her lay down. She walks away and cries for her mom. I tried reading and calming her down but it didn’t work. What else should i try? How should i react or say to her to make her feel comfortable on her bed and lay down eventually? 😢😢😢

1
User Profile: fruityPond7887
fruityPond7887 December 2nd, 2022

@MintSaranae Hi! I hope you are doing well! I'm sorry to hear about the girl not sleeping very well. I know the frustration of how fast that can lead to burnout. Have you tried talking to her parents about this and seeing if they have any tips? Music may be something good for her too. Something soothing? Sometimes just letting them chill out for a few minutes too without giving them attention can be helpful, but do what the parents say is best! Good luck!