Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I have friends but I still lack friends.

User Profile: meowcat1216
meowcat1216 October 30th, 2023

I have many friends and I can make more . But what I seem to lack is connecting to people on a deeper level , the ability to trust them freely and keep faith in them and talk to them freely. I feel like I can be vulnerable in front of them as I would feel threatened . I seem to hate them easily for things they haven't even done . Like I want to be in a true friendship where I don't hate the person unnecessarily and love them unconditionally. I hope to be a better human and connect to others human.

For example , I have my old bestfriend with me but I have difficulties connecting to him and I start hating him for small things. 

7
User Profile: Mya000
Mya000 November 2nd, 2023

@meowcat1216 Hello! It's great that you're self-aware and want to improve your connections with others. Building deeper, more trusting relationships can take time, and it's a journey worth embarking on.

One suggestion would be to work on self-awareness and understanding your own triggers and insecurities. Sometimes, our past experiences can affect our ability to trust and connect with others. Reflecting on these factors can help you better navigate your feelings.

Additionally, practising empathy and open communication can make a big difference. Try to listen actively to your friends and express your feelings in a non-confrontational way when needed. Building trust and vulnerability often starts with honest conversations.

It's also important to be patient with yourself. True friendships develop over time, and it's okay to have moments of frustration. Remember that everyone has flaws and makes mistakes, and it's all part of being human.

If you ever want to discuss this further or share more about your experiences, I'm here to listen and offer support. Take care! ☺️

5 replies
User Profile: meowcat1216
meowcat1216 OP November 2nd, 2023

@Mya000 Thanks for the kind words , I would like to discuss about friendships .

4 replies
User Profile: Mya000
Mya000 November 2nd, 2023

@meowcat1216 You're welcome! I'm here to listen and discuss. Feel free to share your thoughts or questions in PM, and we can talk about it together.

User Profile: Mya000
Mya000 November 2nd, 2023

@meowcat1216 Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were a teenager. We can't communicate in PM, but we can continue our conversation on this forum instead.

2 replies
User Profile: meowcat1216
meowcat1216 OP November 2nd, 2023

@Mya000 Yes we can .

Currently I am trying to deepen my friendship with my old bestfriend I have recently reunited with . I feel like I could connect more deeply to people in past rather than in now . It's been ages since I had a true friendship with someone . I feel like it's too risky to be vulnerable in front of someone.

These issues are impacting how I form intricate relationships with others. I want to connect with people and be happy . But I can't T_T and I find this difficult.

1 reply
User Profile: Mya000
Mya000 November 2nd, 2023

@meowcat1216 Rekindling a friendship with your old best friend is a wonderful step! It's completely normal to feel a bit apprehensive about being vulnerable, especially if it's been a while since you've had a close connection with someone.

Forming deep relationships takes time, and it's okay to take things one step at a time. Don't be too hard on yourself, your willingness to connect and be happy is a positive sign! As you continue to nurture this renewed friendship, it's possible that you'll find the trust and closeness you're seeking. Patience and understanding go a long way. You've got this! 

load more
load more
load more
load more
User Profile: compassionatePomegranate5476
compassionatePomegranate5476 November 6th, 2023

Thought it was only me. I too want many friends with whom I can talk openly and in a deeper level. But my ability to open up and trust in hindering it ,i think. I will be doubting the other person always like if I said this or that, will it be a problem for me in future. And also I kinda have a thought in my mind that human s are selfish when it comes to their priorities. I don't want to believe it, still i think it's so.. from my experiences... like when I am own my own it's safe and if others near me are involved in my life, yeah the vulnerable feel Kick in. But some days I feel lonely, I want to talk to someone badly , then i feel bad for having no such trusting friends...