I want to say hi but I also feel uneasy
I recently stumbled upon a former friend's popular social media account that has lots of videos that she has made. Though I would love to put the ball in her court by commenting on her videos and hitting the like buttons, I don't think it's a good idea for the following reasons.
- She has a history of being nasty towards people who either "Hurt her" or if she decides she doesn't like someone.
- She was not a good friend to me in the past in that she always left me at the bottom of her list and would only reach out when it was convenient for her. Otherwise, this person never made time for me. She also told me that I was her best friend which was rather maddening.
- She was extremely unreliable and broke promises to me all the time
- She always has the need to be right and could never talk to her about how I felt without receiving emotional abuse by voice mail and getting into shouting matches with her.
The last time I attempted to reach out and say hi was after I cut her from me life a year and a half early because I felt uneasy that time along with her treating me as her therapist. However, I should not have been jerking her around. When she responded back by email I got "We're not friends, you dumped me when I needed you the most. My other best friend betrayed me. Don't contact my family."
Anyway, looking at her social media media videos, I had a very uneasy feeling. What would you suggest?
@Summershy
I mean, it kind of sounds like this person was never there for you and was a bad friend? I'm not sure why you want to rekindle your friendship?
- I still care about her
- I also have this illusion that she will grow up and grow out of being a jerk
On the other hand, looking at her Social media videos gave me a sick feeling which mean that she’s toxic.
Well, it kinda sounds like you already know what the answer is :p
Yep and I realized something else regarding the situation because she is definitely not interested in me and nor does she care. For one thing, I do not recall her attempting to reach out to me in the last 10 years.
To be honest, I really have not dwelled on her that much other than recently when I found her social media page. However, I think I am going to block her and move on.