Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Hello, I'm new here, I'm here for people to advise me on what's happening in my life. It's a little long but I hope someone helps me.

User Profile: Teforest0605
Teforest0605 December 10th, 2023

I recently found out that a boy likes me, I knew him but we had never spoken; until one day he wrote to me on *** saying how beautiful I seemed to him. At that moment I was with a group of friends and I told them what had happened to me, one of them told me that the boy I liked was going through depression.


The following days we chatted as friends, and I realized how good boy he was.


Until last night we were talking about my self-esteem and how sometimes I didn't like myself; that's when he told me how attractive I was about my personality and that he had never liked anyone so much.


My heart broke in two since I didn't feel anything for him. I told him how wonderful and fantastic I thought he was and that he was a very difficult boy to find, and if I didn't like him it was because I've never liked anyone so much.


He told me that it was the most beautiful thing he had been told. I told him to please don't blame himself and sleep well.


I've been feeling like *** since last night for having rejected him, and I know I did well to be honest with him about my feelings but my soul hurts when I think about how bad he may be going through.


I hope someone can advise or help me, thank you very much for reading, it is very important to me.



1
User Profile: toughTiger6481
toughTiger6481 December 15th, 2023

@Teforest0605

I think you know that being honest was the best thing you can do...   as far as rejection goes you were simple and clear you did not like anyone and it was not personal to him.     

We cannot play along or not be authentic to save others feelings all the time even if they have other issues,  in the end we only hurt ourselves when we string others along and hurt them later