Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I removed my toxic best friend from my life.

User Profile: Matysqek
Matysqek December 23rd, 2024

Hi, my friend and I had a few things to say, but he was rather ignorant and a very unreliable person. I didn't identify with his way of life and even though we had a similar sense of humor, my sense of humor is shared by more people who deserve to be in my life than him. They are not ignorant and they really care about me and of course I care about them. Sorry for my bad english but I wanted to share this with you and possibly ask if you too had a toxic BFF.

6
User Profile: annapaviacounselor
annapaviacounselor December 24th, 2024

@Matysqek

I have decided to distance myself from someone I once considered my best friend. Over the years, I had to accept that the feelings were not mutual and acknowledge the gap between us. I realized I was not as important to her as she was to me. It is what it is, and that's okay once accepted.

It's a tough but empowering realization to come to. Recognizing the imbalance in a relationship and deciding to prioritize our own emotional well-being is a sign of growth and self-respect. It's okay to acknowledge that not all friendships are equally reciprocal, and sometimes creating distance is necessary to maintain our own peace.

giving ourselves the space to focus on relationships that feel mutual and fulfilling. It's not about blame or resentment—just about accepting what is and choosing what’s healthiest for us. That kind of acceptance is truly liberating.  doing the right thing for our well-being

1 reply
User Profile: Matysqek
Matysqek OP December 24th, 2024

@annapaviacounselor thank you for sharing your experience. I am now in a very similar situation as you were. Thank you very much for your kind words and I wish you all the best in life.

load more
User Profile: Prijay
Prijay December 24th, 2024

People are people either they are friends or not. I feel we should know our boundaries so we can be good for many and provide a positive vibe across.


I am not saying you had a toxic friend or not but I have gotten support from the most unexpected people I have removed from my friend list.


Hence I think we can only control ourselves to be good and kind and we should have the strength to find so.


That being said, I too struggle sometimes with different relationships yet trying to be better.

1 reply
User Profile: Matysqek
Matysqek OP December 24th, 2024

@prijay Hi, yes you are absolutely right that sometimes the people we have taken away from our friends show us that they are good and kindhearted. I've experienced this a few times too. Maybe I'll experience it with my ex-best friend too but I strongly doubt it. But we'll see what time will tell. I wish you all the best.

load more
User Profile: gloriousPrincess7692
gloriousPrincess7692 December 27th, 2024

Great job in finiding the good people around you and removing those who are toxic . Well done .

@Matysqek

1 reply
User Profile: Matysqek
Matysqek OP December 29th, 2024

@gloriousPrincess7692 Thank you. Looking for good people is like looking for four-leaf clovers, but when I find them, I will be friends with them forever.

load more