Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

If you could write a note to your younger self, what would you say in only three words?

User Profile: Upbeat
Upbeat June 14th, 2015

I had two thoughts. 1) Words can hurt. 2) Try your best.

What would your note say? heart

8910
User Profile: Enchanted2024
Enchanted2024 October 9th, 2022

Dont trust him


User Profile: sooty41
sooty41 October 9th, 2022

You Will Survive xx

And, I love you x

User Profile: RedVelvetTheGod
RedVelvetTheGod October 16th, 2022

I would say "just keep going".

User Profile: Iamwhoiamwhoami
Iamwhoiamwhoami October 16th, 2022

Stay in your shell, and don’t bother trying to change. The world is not a place you will ever fit into. Your struggles will be overwhelming if you try to come out of your shell. Besides that, politics play so much of a role in daily life that being the real you may be “accepted” one day and a crime the next. Don’t bother trying to accept yourself because you will never truly know yourself. Accept the fact that you are destined to die alone, unloved and unknown.

This is just the facts in reality. People say how it shouldn’t be that way, and I agree. The reality is that I have lived in this world also and I am who I am and all the efforts to “improve” on this reality have not succeeded at all. My last attempt to change things forced me back into a crumpled shell of despair laying beneath my barricaded walls of protection.

There are so many wonderful people on this site, but for me it’s not a realistic place. It’s a great place but reality for me is face to face, not typing and reading and typing and reading. People here only know me by what words I type in here. Heck, after all these years living with myself I don’t know me.

Basically just shut up and go through life in silence and prepare for a lonely and unfulfilling life.

User Profile: mytwistedsoul
mytwistedsoul October 28th, 2022

@Iamwhoiamwhoami I'm sorry - you probably didn't want a reply. I just wanted to say - I would love to give you and your younger self a hug

load more
User Profile: Angelwolf8930
Angelwolf8930 October 27th, 2022

You are okay

User Profile: lovelycoacoa
lovelycoacoa October 28th, 2022

Always stay strong

User Profile: beautifulalamort
beautifulalamort October 28th, 2022

1) don't hold back

2) It'll be fine

3) You do you

User Profile: VictoriaLove7
VictoriaLove7 November 16th, 2022

2 words:

Take risk.




User Profile: Zevia1MM
Zevia1MM November 16th, 2022

Look to yourself for answers about who you are and what your worth, not other people. Just do that and you'll be okay.

Also remember to let life be life and don't hold on to friendships that are bad for you

User Profile: Iamwhoiamwhoami
Iamwhoiamwhoami November 26th, 2022

Accept help now