What Made You Smile Today?
I pushed myself to talk to someone at a party and ended up making a new friend. This made me smile because it is not easy for me to talk to others. 
I Smiled Because My One Top Is Fitting Loser. Thank you 7 cups for making me believe in myself that I can get back into shape
My best friend. She makes me smile every day. She's mostly there when I need her. I love her so much.
I said a light "I love you" to someone I knew, and they said it back
A boy started talking to me and made me believe I could be strong and defeat my demons.
A lady came into the restaurant I work at and thanked me for being a great server and 'lady' to be around and talk to.
I just stated serving and waitressing last week, it made me happy that I made someone else's day better even though I'm the newbie :)
I'm grateful for a roommate that understands how frustrating growing up and out of your parents home can be.
My friends care about me. They love me. They make me realize just how beautiful my life is. <3
We often forget how fragile we are. That its okay to not be okay all the time, that we pretend to be okay to avoid all the comforting words like get over it and people have it worse.
You dont have to be okay when youre walking and trying not to trip over anything and nothing but you can feel everyone staring at you. You know theyre not looking at you but you wonder if your hair isnt parted the right way so you try to act cool and stuff your hands in your pockets but wait that would look weird.
You dont have to be okay when youre two weeks behind on assignments, and theyre piling and piling and piling just like your stress hormones. Its fine. You probably have a spare 2.5 seconds to panic.
You dont have to be okay when youre sitting in your room on a pile of tissue boxes binging on ice cream and listening to Somebody That I Used To Know or anything by Taylor Swift, really after your girlfriend broke up with you because you guys werent working out.
You dont have to be okay when youre being kept up until 3am, trying not to think of hurting yourself to feel something.
Yes, there are starving children in Africa. But does that make your problems or your pain any less? Someone out there always has it worse. Just like someone probably also has it better.
Your problems are serious enough if they are serious enough for you. Especially if they keep you from functioning properly because you just literally cant get over it.
You can spill out your heart without having to feel like a burden or hate yourself for it.
Youre not pathetic, dramatic; your problems dont need to be poetic, apologetic, theyre the ones who are unsympathetic.
Lilac is a project that just started to remind us that we bury how we feel because we dont want to appear as vulnerable or weak, or because we think that no one really cares or wants to hear about it.
We suppress every problem we have and put on masks and pretend its us, all the more forgetting that they dont go away simply because our eyes are shut.
Lilac is here to remind us that its completely normal to break down every now and then. Its okay to tell people how youre feeling, and its okay to not be okay.
Lilac is a safe place.
Lilac is real.
Find your own colour.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lilac/1451293015162584
We often forget how fragile we are. That its okay to not be okay all the time, that we pretend to be okay to avoid all the comforting words like get over it and people have it worse.
You dont have to be okay when youre walking and trying not to trip over anything and nothing but you can feel everyone staring at you. You know theyre not looking at you but you wonder if your hair isnt parted the right way so you try to act cool and stuff your hands in your pockets but wait that would look weird.
You dont have to be okay when youre two weeks behind on assignments, and theyre piling and piling and piling just like your stress hormones. Its fine. You probably have a spare 2.5 seconds to panic.
You dont have to be okay when youre sitting in your room on a pile of tissue boxes binging on ice cream and listening to Somebody That I Used To Know or anything by Taylor Swift, really after your girlfriend broke up with you because you guys werent working out.
You dont have to be okay when youre being kept up until 3am, trying not to think of hurting yourself to feel something.
Yes, there are starving children in Africa. But does that make your problems or your pain any less? Someone out there always has it worse. Just like someone probably also has it better.
Your problems are serious enough if they are serious enough for you. Especially if they keep you from functioning properly because you just literally cant get over it.
You can spill out your heart without having to feel like a burden or hate yourself for it.
Youre not pathetic, dramatic; your problems dont need to be poetic, apologetic, theyre the ones who are unsympathetic.
Lilac is a project that just started to remind us that we bury how we feel because we dont want to appear as vulnerable or weak, or because we think that no one really cares or wants to hear about it.
We suppress every problem we have and put on masks and pretend its us, all the more forgetting that they dont go away simply because our eyes are shut.
Lilac is here to remind us that its completely normal to break down every now and then. Its okay to tell people how youre feeling, and its okay to not be okay.
Lilac is a safe place.
Lilac is real.
Find your own colour.