Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What Made You Smile Today?

User Profile: caringSmiles20
caringSmiles20 January 25th, 2015

Share here what made you smile today?

8360
User Profile: InkStainedFingers
InkStainedFingers February 11th, 2017

What made me smile this morning was the thought that I am getting better at communicating without going in to every detail which has taken many attempts to control and is still ongoing.

User Profile: Wildatheart88
Wildatheart88 February 17th, 2017

Today? Nothing made me smile, really.

February 21st, 2017

Spending time with my boyfriend watching ghost adventures

User Profile: anonyPapaya8125
anonyPapaya8125 February 22nd, 2017

This subreddit is a good place to start.
https://www.reddit.com/r/MadeMeSmile/

User Profile: lovelyWhisper66
lovelyWhisper66 February 22nd, 2017

I was out getting lunch after work, and the cashier asked how I was doing. I said I was fine and just got off work. He then teased me by saying that I gave him a reality check of his shift not ending for hours and that he felt depressed. When I went up to get my food after waiting, it was the same guy and he greeted me by calling me "the reality check." While I was eating a little while later, the same guy came around my table cleaning up and asking people if they are doing okay. He came up to me and not only asked how I was doing but also apologized if he sounded rude. I assured him that I was fine and was not offended at all. It just warmed my heart that he genuinely reflected on his behavior towards me (I knew he was just joking around btw).

User Profile: Nevermore1988
Nevermore1988 February 26th, 2017

finding a bottle of Goose in my freezer, to wash down these lorazepam

User Profile: adaptablehouse7827
adaptablehouse7827 March 7th, 2017

Nothing

User Profile: BlakeMac
BlakeMac March 7th, 2017

Unfortunately, for the past few days I have found nothing to smile about. But I am trying, and have no doubt that once I manage to push through dark clouds I will see all the little things around me that have always brought a smile - however fleeting. Watching a seagull soar and swoop through the skies...the song the little bird in the tree outside my window sings.....little children playing the the park beside my apartment building....feeling the sun on my face....remembering my mum ( she passed away Sept TH of last year and I had been her caregiver for 3 years )...and engaging with my friends/family of choice here on 7 Cups. I have to make a conscious effort to remember that although I can't "feel" a reason to smile at the moment - everything that has made me smile is still there. I just have to push through the dark clouds ( again ) to see them.

User Profile: BlakeMac
BlakeMac March 7th, 2017

Unfortunately, for the past few days I have found nothing to smile about. But I am trying, and have no doubt that once I manage to push through dark clouds I will see all the little things around me that have always brought a smile - however fleeting. Watching a seagull soar and swoop through the skies...the song the little bird in the tree outside my window sings.....little children playing the the park beside my apartment building....feeling the sun on my face....remembering my mum ( she passed away Sept TH of last year and I had been her caregiver for 3 years )...and engaging with my friends/family of choice here on 7 Cups. I have to make a conscious effort to remember that although I can't "feel" a reason to smile at the moment - everything that has made me smile is still there. I just have to push through the dark clouds ( again ) to see them.

0Reply

1 reply
User Profile: themainjane
themainjane March 14th, 2017

@BlakeMac

I hope you do push through the dark clouds. It is an understandably difficult time for you.

I responded because I know what it's like to reach out here and not receive a response. Other times I've received responses even moreso than I expected. Life is strange even on 7 cups.

I hope that the things that brought you a moment of happiness will bring you happiness again soon. Just hold on, it takes time. Best wishes.

load more
User Profile: Maddz4Christ
Maddz4Christ March 10th, 2017

I hit my goals and I don't feel obligated to all my troubles.