Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Weekly Prompt #32: Is there someone who has bullied you that you may consider forgiving?

User Profile: ASilentObserver
ASilentObserver February 8th, 2024

Hello all! 

Last week we discussed- If you have a Wellness Kit, what you will need in it?  If you haven't checked yet, please click here to add your thoughts. 

This week's prompt-   Is there someone who has bullied you that you may consider forgiving?


Today, I wanted to start a discussion about forgiveness and bullying. We all have some experiences with it at one or other point. Let's try to reflect on the power of forgiveness. Is there someone who has bullied you that you may consider forgiving? How can forgiveness contribute to your healing process? How can you practice self-forgiveness for any perceived weaknesses or shortcomings? What are the things you rely on to boost your well-being? Remember, you are not alone in this. We are all here with you. Let's explore and discuss this together.

Join us in the 24/7 General Support Group Chat to share and support each other.


remember-when-you-forgive-you-heal-and-when-you-let-go-you-grow-gifkaro.gif
38
User Profile: sadcat13
sadcat13 February 29th, 2024

@ASilentObserver yeah, not holding onto it anymore. We were kids, figuring out the world, and I'm sure if I met someone now, they are miles away from who they were as a kid. I'm opened to reconnect in case a genuine effort is made from the other side, but I will not do it myself as last time I gave it a chance a few years ago it was still too early. It impacted me, sure. But I mean. Not gonna hold onto something someone did like 10 years ago as a child, just as much as I hope noone holds my misbehavings from my child times against me. 

User Profile: ASilentObserver
ASilentObserver OP March 15th, 2024

@sadcat13 I hear you, Cat. Forgiveness can be difficult when we feel hurt by others. Please know, you deserve kindness and understanding. You've taken a wise approach by considering factors before taking action. How do you think this approach might help you move forward?


load more
User Profile: sky2Ocean20
sky2Ocean20 March 2nd, 2024

@ASilentObserver

It has been a roller coaster ride. Those who have bullied me in high school or even earlier outside school/inside school- I have forgiven them.

Reason : we don't know much about how we behave in those times. we pick up bad habits and drop bad habits, sometimes knowingly, sometimes unknowingly. I have managed to meet a couple of people who wronged me once and we have talked and become friends later. 

My opinion is that context always matters. It depends on what level something went wrong inside your heart after those bullies. sometimes it's a learning experience and other times it's about setting solid boundaries. 

Forgiving does sound like a soft person trait on a surface level. But it has some power to mend our hearts when we do it. 

User Profile: ASilentObserver
ASilentObserver OP March 15th, 2024

@sky2Ocean20 Thank you for sharing your perspective on forgiveness, Ocean. It can indeed be challenging to forgive others, but it can also bring healing and closure. 

load more
User Profile: anonyTortoise3336
anonyTortoise3336 March 14th, 2024

no. I have been able to let it be and be cordial but forgiveness may never happen.

User Profile: ASilentObserver
ASilentObserver OP March 15th, 2024

@anonyTortoise3336 Forgiveness can take time, and sometimes it doesn't come easily. How do you feel about maintaining a cordial relationship with this person?


load more