Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

people around you can significantly impact your emotion, mindset ,and overall well-being. do you agree with me or not ?

User Profile: limeCat9290
limeCat9290 July 12th, 2025

yes👍 or no 👎? Make sure you answer this question ! may be replying here helps you to get answer in your own life too.

5
User Profile: jacek73
jacek73 July 12th, 2025

@limeCat9290

Nope. I believe that 80 per cent of my well being (perceived as "here and now") depends on my internal mindset, and only 20 per cent on other people or circumstances (except some really gravely danger situations).

I believe that making other people "guilty" for how I feel is not a solution to any problem. But, obviously, avoiding any extremely toxic environment, if possible, might be crucial.

User Profile: jacek73
jacek73 July 12th, 2025

@limeCat9290

As a matter of fact, I am afraid we can't get a single answer here, but it depends on the scenario:

When I have just had a car accident, blood is running from my forehead, and my leg is broken, imaging that "I am a lotus flower in the middle of a forest lake" may not help.

If I am fifteen and my parents keep telling me I am bad to the bone and useless, I start to believe them, even when the evidence is null.

But when I am angry about someone after my third coffee this day (knowing that I have diabetes or hypertension issues), it is different.

Or when my child drops an ice-cream on the ground: it's my choice to either get frustrated for the rest of the day, or go buy another one.

And while I see a scowl on the face of my manager it does not have at all to be about me. Maybe she just received some unrealistic expectations from her bosses, or her kid got sick.

It might be especially tricky with addictions, because most of them require people to believe that the world is totally unfriendly and against them.

User Profile: DryRain16
DryRain16 July 13th, 2025

Yes is an understatement. Your environment not only affects you, but shapes you into who you are, and subconsciously too, so you don't even realise it.

That's why there's good and bad environments, good and bad influences and why parents want or don't want their kids to hang out with some people.

In kids, perents care about these things, but then as people grow, no one cares anymore about who they're hanging out with, and their environments. So that's why people change as they leave their parents, because they meet other people's and leave their parents influence (which is a good thing, it makes people adults)

But to answer your question, yes, and being aware of people's traits and personality traits (and issues) could help you avoid becoming like them (although you'll still change because of being around them, just not in a way you would expect)

User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 July 14th, 2025

@limeCat9290

It would be a yes for me 🥰 Even though I'm responsible for my own happiness and feelings, inevitably the people around us and the environment we live in impacts our mood on a day to day basis and especially if we live in an abusive setting or a tense and drama based one, our feelings will be impacted by other people's anger, bitterness, sadness etc.

User Profile: juggmyslatt
juggmyslatt July 18th, 2025

yes i think so 

my whole home environment is so toxic i think it gets to me ive been noticing it more the past week but it’s always been there and sometimes i wonder why i feel so numb when is nothing is wrong