Suicide Prevention Awareness Month: Reasons to Stay

Each year, over 44,000 people die by suicide in the United States alone.
For every one person who dies by suicide, 25 people attempt.
The World Health Organization estimates that over 800,000 people die by suicide each year worldwide.
September is Suicide Prevention Awareness Month. Together, we can open up the conversation about mental health and suicide
We want to know about your Reasons to Stay. By sharing your reasons, maybe others will be inspired to find their reason to stay too.
What is your Reason to Stay?
@Kate
Reasons to stay:
- hot chocolate and cinnamon apple tea
- fluffy jumpers
- awkward, horrible series
- cakes
- cute animals
- sunshine
- mysterious forests
- love
- concerts
- adventures
- cold water on a hot day
- lollipops
- good books
- good music
- tumblr
- 7 cups
- snowflakes
- grapes
- storm
- paintings
- wild wind
- rainy days
- raindrops on the window
- cactus
- flowers
- bitter sweet coffee
- perfume
- fresh air
- seasons changing
- boots
- memes
- junk food
- catty eyelashes
- eyes
- oceans
- hugs
- journey
- unknown places
- earth
- because you're not alone.
@WoundedDeer this is such a beautiful list!
@Kate
I just wrote what i thought, thank you. :)
My reason to stay is life is precious. Also Lossing someone to Suicide opens your eyes and gives you a new meaning of what it truly is. We should not let others define us instead we should be the change and treat everyone else in a way like the we do on 7 cups in a supportive Compassionate and caring manner
@Kate
My reasons to stay are my family & my cat! I wouldn't want my family or my cat to feel pain or I wouldn't want them to think they weren't a good enough reason for me to stay! I wouldn't want to be the cause of their pain & I wouldn't want them to do the same thing to me or because of me. I also care about my 7cups friendships I have and I wouldn't want to hurt my friends by one day never showing up again
Suicide is a very permanent solution, <3. Reason for me to stay is my mum and the dogs, my mum been so lucky to survive cancer twice.. I just can't
My reason to stay is simple: my kids. They didn't ask to be here and though I am far from perfect, I love them with all my heart. ❤
I've attempted overdose in the past. I've been filled with hate and darkness have consumed me. I've had the feelings of how death would be easiest but today, I'm glad every attempt failed. Because today, I get to help people.
Life is hard but we all go through pain and hurt. And no matter how bad we feel, the pains are only temporary.
That's what we need to remember-- no need to make a permanent decision for something that's temporary. Even if you feel alone, there are people that love you! And you do matter enough that your death could feel like death to someone who thinks the world of you! Make the decision to live and choose your life because when you do, you just show how STRONG you are!
Hugs to everyone!
@Kate My reason is simple. The hard part is to live and the easiest way is to not. Any person can take his or her life away, I didn't want to take the easy way out and let others be accountable for my responsibilities. "If you want life to change you got to change, if you want life to get better you got to get better". Is the only way it happens.
My reason to stay is knowing that no matter what I am deal with it gets better. Life is a journey and can be hard sometimes but I know it gets better and I know that there is people who do care and want me to be alive.
My reasons to stay
My puppers
My husband
Marvel movies🙂
Sunsets
Halloween
Beach trips
If for any other reason but to see what happens next.
My reason to stay is to be with my girlfriend and keep making people happy with my youtube account and helping them come out! @Kate
@Kate my daughter