Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Have you ever felt like you just don't belong to this world?

User Profile: humorousLemon2472
humorousLemon2472 February 28th, 2023

I am a student. I was confused by this question but noone around me can answer. I am not feeling depress but I just want to know the answer

5
User Profile: Mya000
Mya000 March 1st, 2023

@humorousLemon2472

Feeling like you don't belong to this world is a common feeling that many people experience at some point in their lives. It can happen when you feel disconnected from the people and things around you, or when you feel like your thoughts and experiences are different from those of the people around you. It's important to remember that everyone is unique and has their own set of experiences and feelings.

It's natural to question our place in the world and to feel like we don't quite fit in at times. It's important to try to connect with others and find people who share similar interests or experiences. You may also find it helpful to explore your own feelings and thoughts through journaling or other creative outlets. Remember that you are not alone in feeling this way, and there are resources available to help you navigate these feelings if they become overwhelming ❤️

User Profile: IvoryZebra8121
IvoryZebra8121 March 5th, 2023

@humorousLemon2472

I think I get how you feel. I feel that way most of the time. The way I explain it is that I think I don't have the skills, nor the qualities to thrive in this world. I'm unable to make friends because I'm always so weird, I loose job oportunities because I'm not "smart" and always make the wrong choices in what concers to my career. I have a degree and a masters degree, with very good grades, jet I'm still unemployed and nobody will hire me. I also have a chronic illness that sometimes forces me to stay in bed or at the hospital for days with a lot of pain, and the rest of the time I'm constantly tired.

The rational part of my brain tells me that there is no "proper" way to be in this world and that I will find my "place", but I only know I'm getting older and older and things don't change for the better.

1 reply
User Profile: IvoryZebra8121
IvoryZebra8121 March 5th, 2023

@IvoryZebra8121

The only thing I've been good in my live is at studying. But that part of my live is over and that will take me nowhere without social skills.

load more
User Profile: AmintaBlack
AmintaBlack March 7th, 2023

@humorousLemon2472 that is a good question Lemon.

For me, not I don't feel like I "belong" and it honestly doesn't bother me.

I consider myself a creative person. I create my environment to fit my needs, not the other way around.

Sure, there are some moments you do have to play along to get things done (taxes, forms, etc). However, for work or grad school I carved out my own niche. It turns out my mentors and employeers took notice of my unique interest and actually liked it!

So fitting in, while our instincts tell us to because it is safer, it not always what is rewarded or fulfilling in this life. That is my answer.

User Profile: RoseMelaniaMarkov
RoseMelaniaMarkov November 5th, 2025

@humorousLemon2472 

Good question. Glad you asked. I have always felt that way since I'm a little child, and when I grew up I started thinking more deeply about things like universes and dimensions. Then I discovered that maybe I'm not being "crazy" by thinking differently and behaving differently than everyone else. Maybe it's just me figuring out who I really am, something from my past life/identity.

I found a very sweet mentor recently, she's really sweet and helpful. https://www.meredithrom.com/ this is her website. There's also someone else that I love, https://www.thisiskatemurphy.com/, she led me through three days of rituals + ceremony (it's not something religious).