Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Milestones or Steps Completed! Share and Celebrate Here :)

User Profile: GlenM
GlenM March 23rd, 2015

Congratulations! You made it to the next level on your growth path. Share with us the #1 thing you learned on this leg of your journey!

FH:4

62464
User Profile: cyanPlatypus6370
cyanPlatypus6370 May 21st, 2020

Hello world of 7cups!

This is Step 1860 for me. Yes, one-thousand eight-hundred sixty!

User Profile: cyanPlatypus6370
cyanPlatypus6370 May 21st, 2020

A few things I am learning:

Sometimes cats do chase dogs! (correct; this has nothing to do with 7cups.)

It seems when I miss someone - as in out of touch, or one of us moved, or this person has died, or ... - that sometimes, other little things remind me of him/her like all over the place - sometimes even in talking with another someone who does not know them at all. --- This is in part to say, Grief is hard! and that grief comes in many different forms. It could be that I haven't thought of that person in a long time and so I call and voicemail :( Sometimes it helps (for me) to talk to someone who knows/knew them also. Sometimes I just want to go crawl under a rock (preferably *with* my SFO) and cry over the entire situation that is my life at that time. Or crawl under the rock with the intent to hide from the entire world " "forever" " or until one of my friends misses me enough and comes to find me.

I have different 'other little things' (sometimes known as triggers - but can triggers be 'positive' too? @7cupscommunity Or are triggers by definition created by or thought of because of something that individual sees as bad or negative?) .... small-like things that remind me of a certain person most every time. For my mom2, she's like my second mom, there is a certain song. For one of my friends in college, it's a song that we (the whole group of witnesses/attenders) sang at her wedding. The third one that I can think of just now, is 'for' my friend Molly - I know her (and her now husband) from our community theater. The item for her is any 8oz sized water bottle - full, half full, or empty! I am thankful that these three good friends of mine are all still living - I hope they are doing well frown Perhaps it is time for some actual paper/card in envelope mail type of mail. In part because I love that mail type of mail ... in part because it is hard to get ahold of these three here recently ... and in *most!* part because I have not seen them in person for a very long time :( And unfortunately that really has no blame onto COVID-19.

So, advice? Keep in touch!! With friends and (L) here at 7cups AND with people you care for, people you love in your real life - your physical life - too! Speaking of .... Take care all friends from the MCR of months and months ago. Take care all Listeners, those who i have talked with and also those who I have not. And for everyone -- Be good to yourself. Remember: self-care is NOT selfish. Take care of you yes ~Platy

load more
User Profile: ankakier
ankakier May 21st, 2020

Hi, today it's my Step 100

I'm getting better at talking to myself like to a best friend, this exercise is really useful for me.

I will add also that I've met many amazing listeners who help me keep going. And that I've become a listener myself and have had some amazing conversations too. Thanks for creating that community.

User Profile: ruffneckred
ruffneckred May 21st, 2020

another milestone, yeah me

User Profile: agreeablePlace3296
agreeablePlace3296 May 21st, 2020

Balence us key. Work and play. Healthy eating and junk food. Time with colleagues and friends and family

User Profile: secretOwl9053
secretOwl9053 May 21st, 2020

Staying in control is key to stay calm. Then think if it makes sense to feel that way. Hardest thing to do.

User Profile: helloTurtle7490
helloTurtle7490 May 21st, 2020

Learning i can be better today and hope for tomorrow

User Profile: TeaGirl57
TeaGirl57 May 21st, 2020

I just finished step 50 of my plan. I learned that helping others is a great way to help yourself. Thanks Seven Cups community for all you do!!!

User Profile: YippinWolf33
YippinWolf33 May 21st, 2020

I just reached step 50. I've found everything on Mindfulness, especially the breathing, really useful. It's helped me to take time to relax when I'm anxious and has helped me through anxiety attacks recently. Sometimes it's still hard to slow down, but it's getting easier the more I do it.

User Profile: Moonwaker94
Moonwaker94 May 21st, 2020

@GlenM

I learned how to be more open regarding my mental health. I also learned how much progress I have made

User Profile: selfconfidentSail3211
selfconfidentSail3211 May 22nd, 2020

Being home due to Covid has given me time to process. March was unexpected, April was a struggle, May has given me clarity. I've slowed down so much I have caught up with the person I am. I missed reading books, missed listening to good music, missed cooking delicious meals I use to make. I will not go back to the stressed individual I was before. And I will not waste my time on anyone who doesn't want or need me around. Today is a beautiful day.