I don't remember the last time I forgave someone completely, but if I did, I got betrayed again. Ever since around the age of 13 I never gave second chances. Whenever a person hurts me to the point I want to harm myself, curl up in a fetal position and never want to wake up again, isolate myself from society, and anything that I hope will prevent me from another incident happening similar again, I don't forgive.
No one gets second chances for me, and I find it better in my part after what I've been through more than 75% of my life. If I get victimized, and the person wants amends, I say, "No, you will never be forgiven. Get lost." Cruel, I know, but I've grown angry overtime (and depressed) since everything went downhill in '02 when I was 7. ._. So, if I forgive, I fear for the worst from the person who hurt me, and that they will try again.
@Pikashuppet I think forgiving someone doesn't mean running back to the person who hurt you. If they did something absolutely horrible, cut them out and walk away like you have done and never ever ever ever come back. Forgiving someone, from my own understanding, simply means to just stop feeling anything towards the other person as well as understand where they came from. You have to feel all the anger, hurt and disappointment before that can happen though but after that, no more revenge fantasies, only progress towards a better life.
Someone hurt me knowingly but unintentionally. I had to heal from the wounds before I could wake up and forgive them. I realise that our friendship is not the same as before and we move forward, instead of backwards. This person has also forgiven me and forgotten about the past mistakes. Everyday I am happy that I have this friend back, even though there are others involved who I have not been able to forgive yet and sometimes these memories come up again and this has been hard, but I know it will fade.