Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

TO EVERYONE WHO'S EVEN BEEN TREATED LIKE THEY DON'T BELONG -This is for you

User Profile: originalCat2008
originalCat2008 May 29th, 2025

Not every wound is physical. Sometimes, the deepest scars are from homes we were meant to feel safe in.

I’ve been raised by adoptive parents who remind me every day that I "owe" them for shelter, food, and life. I'm the only girl, the last born in a house of boys—and still, I’m watched, questioned, controlled, and often overlooked.

Today, I bought myself clothes. Paid for them days ago. But when they arrived, the questions came flying:

"Where did you get money from?"

"You’re buying clothes when others haven’t eaten?"

But it’s never about the clothes. It’s about control. Ownership. Power.

It hurts when the people who are supposed to care for you make you feel like a burden. Or when you're constantly compared, talked down to, or reminded that you’re “lucky to be here.”

I know I’m not the only one. Maybe your story isn’t about adoption. Maybe it’s just being the child that’s always left out, doubted, or made to feel like they’ll never measure up.

But I want to say this, loud and clear:

You are not powerless. You are not invisible.

You still have the right to dream, to grow, to heal, and to reclaim your life.

And one day, the very people who thought they broke you will be shocked—because we’re not just surviving anymore. We’re rising.

If you’ve ever been made to feel less in your own home—speak up, even if it’s just here. You’re not alone.

1
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 June 1st, 2025

@originalCat2008 Thank you for sharing this. And you are right, the deepest scars and the ones that hurt the most, are the ones we carry in our hearts. I'm sorry you are being treated this way, and I hope you know, you matter, you deserve love, kindness and to be always seen 💜🥰