Send Some Encouragement and Joy to @BastionKnight
Y’all know what to do. ;)
@BastionKnight, thank you for always being so kind and encouraging! <3
Bastion Buddy, how are you feeling? <3 We’re rooting for you! <3
@jesusredeemedme2425 yep we all love you sir knight 💖💖 your very quiet lately😕 it's ok to lean on us for support we are here for you 💗 hugs you tightly 💗
@Tinywhisper11, @jesusredeemedme2425
*Bows head in contrition* I am very sorry. I do feel I am letting the side down recently, and despite the best of intentions, I have not been displaying the attention you all very much deserve. I hope you know it is not because I have not read what you and others have written in the various forum posts, nor is it an indication of any lack of importance given to each of you in my thoughts. BK thinks he can do everything on his own, and doesn't like the thought of ever being burdensome or bringing anything but good feelings and smiles.
I am embarrassed that I did not congratulate @azurePond on her recent success, nor offered praise where it was wholly due. Nor did I comment on the various wry and amusing musings of @PineTreeTree, who frequently makes me smile. I am also remiss in not checking to see how @7Bear7 is coming along with their story. And there are many more individuals whom I have also seen doing their part in making the world that much lighter, happier, and interesting, and yet I have not offered a word of encouragement; For this I apologise unreservedly. It is an oft repeated idiom that "It is the thought that counts", but thoughts that are not reinforced with words and action do not serve others. Besides, having thoughts rattling around inside BK's echoey skull, is a selfish indulgence that helps no-one. He knows better, so I have chastised myself.
I have felt so happy seeing how you all rally to each other, keeping such buoyancy and positivity alive in all your interactions. It makes me feel very proud of you all, and instils a vicarious sense of joy and calm. Your collective humour and intelligence likewise keeps my curiosity and admiration piqued (and peaked as I peek). Also, seeing how many of you engage further by becoming pen-pals seems so lovely. The thought that you seek out and reinforce those sort of connections is so heart-warming to me. I often envision you all as a delightful microcosm that I might encircle with a protective embrace and quietly observe all the wonderous things you do as stand guard. This is not to suggest any of you need such a thing, for I have complete confidence in your respective capabilities. It is just a feeling that comes up unbidden, in much the same way that seeing a sleeping kitten or puppy stirs an internal warmth and makes one smile without thinking.
At the risk of sounding very egotistical, I offer a brief update; I have been pushing this meat machine that I am captaining as hard as I was able. I had begun walking unaided for short distances, and had been purposefully refusing to give in and use any analgesics, especially the stronger opioids. Instead, I have been wearing headphones, cranking the volume up high, and letting the music take my mind away from the sensations in my spine and down my legs. But BK is silly, and isn't necessarily as strong as he wishes to be, and he does stupid things like going on a walk without taking precautions. So, Bastion goes back in to hospital, and his foolishness has led to 10 hours of embarrassing and uncomfortable tests. Luckily it seems I have not done myself any significant damage, but I am feeling frustrated with myself for knocking back my recovery, and feel like a bit of a loser for needing to take pain control again. Bleh, bored of talking about BK now.
So the important thing is that I hope you know I am thinking about you all frequently. Routine may have stymied my creativity for now, but I am sure that sharing your excellent company will soon revitalise that in no time at all. Good vibes and happiest of well wishes to you all.
You don’t have to be perfectly perfect and good-natured 100% of the time! You should have seen my last few depressed posts lol. We’re all here for a reason, because we’re going through hard stuff. We’re not here to be perfect robots; we all have struggles. Please share them with us! That’s what we’re here for <3
Ohhhh you got hurt, poor thing :( Are you still in the hospital? Are you ok? :(
@jesusredeemedme2425
*Comforts you* It is a very unfair thing for someone who tries as consistently as you to always bring about good feelings for others, should ever have to endure low points themselves. Your efforts and goodwill are always noted and very much appreciated, and I hope you can take heart in knowing that all the good deeds you do cause ripples which go on, and on, and on, ever expanding. Eventually this will grow into a tsunami of benevolence. With a little patience, it will soon circumnavigate the globe, and be back around to carry you along on it's return path. So get that surf board ready!
(I am okay. Back out of hospital and back home. No more walk attempts for a little while, but I am sure I shall soon enough be being naughty again and pushing my limits. *Smiles*)
No pushing limits anymore. Kiara’s orders. ;)
@jesusredeemedme2425
*Gives a crisp salute* Aye aye. *Smiles*
@BastionKnight aww sweetie it's frustrating waiting to heal, I completely understand why you didn't follow recovery rules💖 and I understand how frustrating this all is, how it drains you and makes you want to cry🙁 but it's ok to show your vulnerable side we have a great circle of friendship here, and as part of that circle we care about you, your feelings and everything 💗 I understand you not wanting to ask support, but I wish you did💖on another note you can circle around me i could do with a body guard😁 I pay pine to be my body guard but he's useles😂😂 don't tell him I said that😁 hugs you tightly 💗 I love you 💗
@Tinywhisper11
I am sure @PineTreeTree is the most excellent of bodyguards. Perhaps he is so good at it, that all the work is done subtly in the background and so passes without note. I would gladly assist him though in looking out for our wonderful friend Tinywhisper.
You say such supportive and lovely things, and manage to turn my foolishness and less admirable traits into something that you excuse with the lightest touch. That is a gift, and is very considerate and gentle. *Bows in salute to you*
You inspire me to do better, and give me a good example to emulate.
@BastionKnight
I have never seen someone so perfectly articulate what they wish to express. You are extremely wonderful in your writing and thoughts. You Sir Knight have a beautiful heart and soul one that I wish I could reflect. I wish I have talked with you and many others on this sight more but waste my time on useless and self deprecating things instead.
I understand you desire to hug and protect this group, it's one I and many others share despite understanding they may not need it. I wish to give you many hugs for your silliness, strength, bravery, honor, and love. But alas I can only send you virtual ones. :(
Much love and prayers for your recovery brave Sir Knight! 🩵











@7Bear7
Your virtual hugs are felt as keenly as any other form, and I am extremely grateful for the large amount of them you have sent my way. I am filled now with huggly-goodness, and it makes the day seem that bit brighter, and softens all of life's jagged edges into fluffy pillow-like clouds.
Please do not sell yourself short; you are awesome. Your time is never wasted, it is just occupied. Whatever you choose to do, it all contributes to the interesting and unique individual that is you. Thus no time is ever wasted. I am sure there will be ample opportunities for us all to converse with each other, and I look forward to speaking more with you should you wish it. Thank you again for all the hugs *Smiles*
@BastionKnight That was such a considerate and well articulated response.... just like all the comments and insights you leave.
I’m really happy that you noticed my poem about my little breakthrough and remembered it. Thank you, Sir Knight! I’ll take this as a congrats from you.
Also, I totally agree with Tiny, Pine, Kiara and Bear. And I’m grateful that we’re all on your mind. Get well soon! Sending you roses, mangoes and pistachios—because why not? And above all, I’m sending you well wishes and prayers!
@azurePond @BastionKnight
@azurePond
Aha! See, all it needed was that once last gif to finish my recovery. All better now. Fixed, mended, healed, reinforced, settled, sealed, stable, secured, and salved.
*Smiles to reassure you*
Oh how pretty!
@azurePond
*Bows in salute* I would hate to think you ever believed I was not paying attention. I have grown very fond of you all, and it is not a throwaway line when I say that you all occupy my thoughts. Your formidable intellect always drives my curiosity, and your humour and passions paint the world in shades that are both surprising and alluring in equal measure. I am very confident that this inspiring presence of yours is felt by many others here too, and not just by me. So kudos to you.
And thankee so much for the roses, mangoes, and pistachios. They make the perfect posie (or maybe the base for an interesting desert?)
@BastionKnight * Bows * Thank you so much, Knight. It’s comforting and encouraging to know that my presence has meant something and I’m really grateful for your kindness. Your generous praise brought a smile and I’ll carry them with me for a while. I’m glad the roses, mangoes and pistachios brought a little joy— they were sent with care - maybe you can make a mango tiramisu with mascarpone cream frosting and topped with pistachio! *sends more mangoes, pistachios and mascarpone cheese *
@jesusredeemedme2425 hi BK💖 how's everything going with you???? I hope your recovering slowly but surely💖💖💖 luv you 💗
@Tinywhisper11 @BastionKnight
@BastionKnight


@BlueDarkAurora
All that extra love is for me!? *Smiles* I am honoured as well as smitten with good feelings and a huggly warmth that keeps me smiling from ear to ear. With all this extra love you have bestowed, I hope it is okay if I share some with anyone else who might need a little top-up or just simply deserves to be shown some...starting with you.
Thank you so much. I may not be the most loquacious when it come to expressing what goes on behind my breastplate, but I can assure you that this sort of stuff does reach there and the effect is massive (even if it is unseen most of the time). You are a wonderful person and I hope that everyone you know treats you with the kindness you show others.
@BastionKnight I love reading your replies ^-^<3 Thank you so much :')


@Tinywhisper11
*Smiles* What an absolutely adorable human being you are. Your check-in is appreciated more than you might guess. I am coming along well after my little setback and will be going back to hospital within the next two weeks for another MRI. I have been outside again a couple of times now, and it is such a great sensation feeling the sun directly on my face. I am a lot more steady than I was, but there is still weakness and discomfort. But I treat it as both a challenge and as the early warning system to reign me in from pushing too hard too fast.
I hope the days have been gentle to you, and that you have managed to get to enjoy the sunshine? With all the care and consideration you show to others, I fervently wish that some of that good karma you must have accrued is translating into pleasant and fulfilling occurrences for you. Again, thank you so much for your message. It means a lot to me. *Bows respectfully*
@BastionKnight oh mri scans can be scary, but you'll be ok 💖 I'm glad you've been able to get outside🙂 I have been but early mornings so I can watch the sunrise😁💖 I'm glad recovery is going well for you 💗gives you a giant tiny hug 💗 I'm right here if there's anything I can do to help you 💗
@Tinywhisper11
Welllll there is one thing you could do that would help...do nice things for TinyWhisper. Treat her, pamper her, and in general shower her with an ounce of the huge ocean of affection she shows to us all. If you could do that it would make me feel so great, knowing that once of the kindest people I have encountered is being treated as they deserve.
Other than that, this clanky suit of armour is doing fine. The MRI is just more lying down, so I think I have that mastered.
Sunrises and sunsets are beautiful, so I can completely understand making time to appreciate them. How do you manage to get up for them though? You never seem to sleep. I am starting to suspect you might be a fae creature of some sort. *Smiles*
@BastionKnight
(One of not once of...grrr....naughty typo fingers)
@BastionKnight I sleep all weird hours, I go by my pain levels when they get to bad then I know it's time to call it a day, it's like time doesn't exist here in tiny land🙂💖 I'm looking after myself the best I can💖 I hope you are too? Lots of ice cream will help you 💗
@Tinywhisper11
I like the icecream plan and will make sure to share it with you.
I am sorry that you have to tolerate pain...it is very unfair, and I empathise entirely. My own discomfort is a mere trifle when measured against what you master every single day, and for that I admire and salute you. I love that you do not let it dominate you, and can only applaud and cheer you on with a sense of wonderment at how you always remain so upbeat.
Even amongst a multiverse of unique and amazing people, you are still a rare individual. Kudos to you.
@Tinywhisper11
*Feels like a dolt*
Apologies. I did not see your other forum post until now. I hope me jabbering on about your being upbeat did not come across as insensitive. I had not seen what you had posted elsewhere.
@BastionKnight no not at all 💖 you always make me smile with your kindness and sweetness💖 I'm just having a bad day I'll be ok 💖 hugs you tightly💖
@BastionKnight
Hey just checking in! Hope your MRI's go well!
Also I accidentally started singing the baby shark song but it was 'Ba-stion Knight! Du du du du du du, Ba-stion Knight!" Ect
So now you know that you name works for the baby shark song, I hope your as disappointed in me for figuring that out as I am. As in a little bit disappointed but still find it funny! Lol
Anyway good luck on your recovery you wonderful, beautiful, powerful, polished piece of armor you! :3 🩵
@7Bear7
*Grins with delight* Why would I ever be disappointed in you? You are AWESOME!! And that I crossed your mind, (even if it was accidental/subconscious) and you ended up singing...well that just makes my day. I shall be smiling at the thought of it for quite some time.
I just hope that there is a complete orchestra out there somewhere composing the 7Bear7 symphony. You certainly deserve it.
@7Bear7 I love everything about this ... *joins with Bear's symphony * Ba-stion Knight du du dudu dudu
@azurePond, @7Bear7
*Listens in rapt attention at the lovely duet, and gives a standing ovation*
Bravo! Encore!
*Also gives a thrilled wave to AzurePond* Delighted to see you, you have been very much missed.
@BastionKnight Aww thank you Knight! I missed you all too..That's why I came back soon!. How are you Knight?
@azurePond
I have just enjoyed a song by you and @7Bear7, have seen the return of one of my favourite poets (and witty writer in general), AND the sun has just perked out from behind the clouds...how can one be anything but good with those sort of gems scattering about life's path? *Smiles*
I do hope you are doing well? Your absences are keenly felt, but on the plus side, it means your returns are all the more exciting and anticipated with relish...or chutney...or jam...or marmalade...or salsa...or savoury dip...or (disappears down an ever spiralling pun hole).
@BastionKnight I'm doing better now—needed a little retreat to refill the well. Your kindness makes coming back feel like opening a door to a room still full of laughter and music. Grateful to be here again🌸
@BastionKnight

@tryingtosurvive2024
Hail fellow knight!
Thankyou for the gif. Soooo much shinies!! Three cheers for Trying to survive..Huzzah, Huzzah, Huzzah!
Are you all alright? What is going on?
@Phylomena
Hello Phylomena,
I am doing well, and thank you for asking. The sun is bright today, the sky clear, and my back is a little less sore than it was yesterday. So all in all things are going in a great direction. I hope your weekend is going equally well, and that it brings you many smiles.
What’s going on? How can we help?
@Phylomena
*Smiles* That question already DOES help. Knowing good folks such as yourself think that way and act on their impulse to be considerate makes everything easier and nicer.
So in answer, the best way to help is just keep being yourselves.
@BastionKnight
Every "bastion" means "Bastion Knight" now. Gotta alert the Oxford to change the definition.
@azurePond
*Smiles in delight at such a sentiment*
Bastttttiiiii you are loved. <3
@jesusredeemedme2425
I second this 🥰
@Amanda84
Do not think that your own efforts towards fostering excellent feelings and a sense of safety, community, and care has gone unnoticed Amanda. I salute you too, and hope to learn from your good example.
@BastionKnight
Ah thank you, that's so nice of you to say 💖💜
@BastionKnight
Sir Knight, how have you been? It's been quite awhile since I last have seen from you, tho perhaps that's just my luck on the forum draw?
Hoping and praying you are doing well! 🩵
@7Bear7
Salutations and fondest greetings mighty bear, I am pootling along reasonably well. It is always a pleasure hearing from you, and I trust that the world has been treating you kindly?
@BastionKnight
Salutations and many greetings great Knight. Your reasonable pootling pleases me. Indeed it brings joy to see your kind writing.
Perhaps not kindly but the world has not succeeded it removing me yet.
Send you the finest wishes and luck.
I really like the word pootling hehe
@7Bear7
I am very glad to hear that the world has not pushed you out, for it would be a much dimmer and less vibrant universe without you in it.
@BastionKnight
Thank you for the so meaningful and kind words Knight. It is truly comforting to know people can see my dim light.