Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

The person who inspired you growing up

User Profile: halcyonCloud2036
halcyonCloud2036 January 19th, 2022


Growing up, it is always really nice to have someone in your life who can provide inspiration and hopefully be a role model. When you think about growing up, who is the one person who really inspired you to reach for your dreams and goals?

I would say that my mom has been my biggest inspiration. She is a single mom and she has raised 4 kids all alone. No family nearby, no spouse to count on. Her perseverance and drive has always been an example for me and she has always been my biggest cheerleader.

Who is the person who inspired you❤️


3
May 13th, 2022

My mother and my older brother. 💕

User Profile: KatieTheWingedOne
KatieTheWingedOne September 19th, 2022

@halcyonCloud2036 :) it was uplifting to hear about your mother, having a role model and figure to look up to in life is an especially powerful thing

For me, as a child my role model was my sister. She looked out for me and protected me from much of my home life, with even the simplest action of putting on a film when the shouting got bad. Time broke that bond and she destroyed much of what I looked up to by hurting me in later life. But she was my last role model. I thank her for that even if I cannot forgive her

User Profile: secretWriter5770
secretWriter5770 September 19th, 2022

The strongest person in this world Mom. I was her go to person me being the oldest of 5. It wasn't as if she was putting any responsibility or pressure on me, it was as if she needed to get thru the situations of being a single mom raising 5 kids even if there was a father in picture(alcoholic). The many times we ran in middle of the night with just bag of close not knowing were we end up. No matter what she got us thru it as a family, we knew were loved as she clearly made us her priority always. Those lessons made me the man I am today.