Boyfriend took his life
smartel
September 25th
On the night of May 16th my boyfriend took his life. I was ending things with him and he was already suffering with mental health. He had a lot of unprocessed childhood trauma. I was the only one he talked to about those things and his only source of comfort. He started becoming someone I didn’t recognize and I decided to cut ties. Guilt is an understatement. I miss him every second of the day.
BlueSoul90
September 25th
@smartel
I’m so sorry for your loss. It makes complete sense that you miss him every second....and I’m so sorry you’re carrying this guilt. I understand why you feel guilty, but feeling guilty doesn’t mean you are guilty. You were allowed to set a boundary and protect yourself, and that doesn’t make you responsible for his death. It sounds like you did everything you could. Sometimes, no matter how much we love someone or try to help, we cannot save them from those thoughts....even mental health professionals can’t always prevent it. So please try not to carry the blame for what happened, and be as gentle with yourself as you can.🙏 You deserve compassion too.
That’s really, really kind. Thank you for taking the time to respond with that. Genuinely means a lot.
BlueSoul90
September 25th
@smartel
You’re so welcome. I’m glad it helped a little....I just hope you can be kind to yourself. you deserve that too....if it ever feels like too much, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me or any of the listeners here. I’m not a mental health professional, but I can listen without judgment. Sometimes just talking about what we’re feeling can make the intensity a little easier to bear. You don’t have to carry this alone.
load more
load more