Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

If you feel you can share - What do miss the most about your lost loved one?

User Profile: lucy2
lucy2 June 26th, 2022

It can be so difficult to talk about our loved ones, I do understand ❤️ but I've found writing in this forum really helpful.

I miss his very presence in the room, just knowing he was there, and I can't seem to fully get over this.

I'd love you to share if you can.


Lucy2


47
User Profile: Judy7
Judy7 August 29th, 2022

@lucy2 I miss his unconditional love. I miss his smiles, his jokes, his wonderful personality.. I miss the fact that he accepted me for who I am. He cared about his family and would have given the shirt off his back to anyone that needed it. He was my hero.

User Profile: slowdecline48
slowdecline48 September 23rd, 2022

It was ages ago but the "lost one" in question is my father. He died in the early 2000's but that wasn't the worst part. It was a brief coda to the last two years of his life, which were the real tragedy.

What I miss most of all is his intellect. My dad was a brilliant man in his day...the only reason he didn't get a master's degree in economics is because he did not finish his thesis (I'm not sure why). There was almost nothing I couldn't talk to him about. While he could be opinionated to the point of being disagreeable, his opinions were never without a solid basis in fact & context. He was not only formally educated but also had street smarts...an uncommon combination.

His mind didn't last, of course--nothing lasts forever. He had a heart attack & was never the same man after that. Death was a mercy.

User Profile: Overthinker13579TU
Overthinker13579TU September 23rd, 2022

@lucy2

@lucy2

I still feel like she's there with me and I can talk to her, and maybe this sounds crazy but I sometimes just talk to her and think that she can hear me, and it leads me to ease out and it helps me through tough situations, I also think about what she would do if she were here and it does help me.


We had made plans about living together in the future like buddies and we had that strong bond between us, she was 7 years younger to me and yet we would bond like there's no tomorrow, and we would actually be soul sisters. Even when we didn't meet for days together, especially when I was working at my first job/workplace, she would be upset. But, whenever we meet, it never felt like we are meeting after so long, it would never be awkward, it was always like we were meant to be together as real sisters.


I don't know whether this is appropriate to share here, like it's personal, but she was an adopted child, of one of my mother's colleagues but, we never felt like strangers to each other, never ever. She had an autoimmune disease right from when she was a kid so we all knew about that "it" was gonna happen one day, you know, because of all the medicines day in and day out, hospital visits, tests, blood transfusion every two months - which she told me about, before we lost her, which she had never told anyone ever. :( . We did our best to keep our happy and healthy somehow, that was our only goal collectively.


We were so attached to each other, that no-one could have broken the bond. We would talk, we would play, we would be with and for each other the whole time, whether we are face to face or far away. We always had fun and as she grew up, we also talked about grown up stuff, and we would have long talks about career and us together.


Before I lost her, she told me about her music playlist, me and my mom visited her native place, where we met her family, where I met her favorite cat there, saw her cousins, her sweet grandmother and that's where it happened, right in front of us. :(.


I loved her. I still love her.

User Profile: Euoplo1547
Euoplo1547 September 23rd, 2022

I miss growing up with my mom and all the memories we would have had, all the support I would have gotten and just her presence in my life. It's like I lost my childhood and part of who I was with her and I miss the future we'd have had

User Profile: AngelWytch
AngelWytch September 23rd, 2022

I miss talking nonsense and goofy stories with my dad. And theres things I regret not doing more before he passed, like just calling more often. But I also miss cooking pasta with him. I can use the same stuff he did, the same way, but it never comes out right to me lol.


I miss hearing my mom's joy and delight when I drew something for her, or asking her advice on sewing and baking. We loved baking all kinds of things together, and the from scratch brownies were the best out of em all, right next to apple strudel muffins. I've lost those recipes since she passed and I've tried to recreate them, but they never turn out right.


I miss connecting with them through the food we made most, cause it was fun, delicious, and the best way I know to show love and care.