Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I miss my family and my friends :(

User Profile: imnotolieee
imnotolieee August 11th, 2025

I don't know what to do, even though the problem I'm facing might be a small one. On February 24, 2024, my mother and I left home to live in another country. This summer, I returned to my old home, and I left again a day ago. Now I have a strong sense of disconnection. I left my father, grandfather, and grandmother. Now the house is no longer lively, and it will never be lively again. The next time I see my family may have to wait a few years (maybe my grandparents will come over for Christmas, but that doesn't make me feel like I'm back home. And when they leave, I guarantee I'll be even more miserable). Although this problem is not a big deal now, it has made my life a mess. Furthermore, I'm about to transfer schools for the third time (meaning I'll be going to my fourth school). The unfamiliar environment is giving me headaches, and I feel empty inside. I miss my family and my old friends. I don't know how to adjust.

1
User Profile: 16peacefulBraveheart01
16peacefulBraveheart01 August 11th, 2025

@imnotolieee

It makes perfect sense that you’re feeling this way what you’re going through is a lot, even if part of you keeps telling yourself it’s not a big deal. You’ve had so many major changes in such a short amount of time moving countries, leaving loved ones behind, facing new schools over and over and trying to adjust when everything feels unfamiliar. That’s not small. That’s a lot for any heart to carry. The ache you feel for your father, grandparents, old friends and your old home is a sign of how deeply you love and value those connections. Of course you feel disconnected now your heart hasn’t had the time or stability to catch up to all the changes. Right now, it’s okay to grieve the home and the version of life you had before. It’s also okay to not have everything figured out yet. Adjustment isn’t something that happens in a single week or even a few months it’s a gradual process, and you’re allowed to take it one small step at a time. In the meantime, try giving yourself little anchors in this new life routines you enjoy, hobbies that bring you comfort, or small ways to stay connected with the people you miss. A message, a call, even sharing photos these may not replace being there, but they can keep your bonds alive. You’ve already proven that you can survive big transitions, even if they’ve been painful. That strength will help you again now and remember this is not the end of the story. The places, faces, and warmth you miss can exist in your life again in different forms. Home isn’t gone it’s just changing, and it will keep growing with you.

You are not alone in this, even if it feels like it. And it’s okay to let yourself feel every bit of the homesickness without guilt. It just means your heart remembers where it belongs. ❤️