Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

3 ways to Fill your Emotional Gas Tank

User Profile: resourcefulPond1641
resourcefulPond1641 March 14th, 2020

1) Spend time in nature. I dont care what you do: read a book in the park, or go surfing. Do something outdoors near nature. Theres seems to be something in our brain that responds to that. Its almost as if our DNA knows that nature is who we are, and it replinishes our inner peace somehow.

2) Read or listen to positive things. Read inspirirational books, listen to motivating podcasts, or go to a seminar. On a regular basis, feed your mind postitive messages – it will reward you for it!

3) Take time to rest. Everything in life has a rythm of alternating periods of activity with periods of non-activity. Our heart is a great example. The space between beats is called the period. Its interesting that the same word marks also refers to what marks the end of a sentence. There is a pause before the next sentence begins. Athletes rotate between training and rest. TV shows go on hiatus. Rest – doing not much of anything – is an essential component of healthy living and of productivity.

People who cannot find time for recreation are obliged sooner or later to find time for illness.
-John Wanamaker

(See full article here: https://lifecounselor.net/tips-for-a-healthy-life/ )

?mid=&wid=52607&sid=&tid=8687&rid=LOADED&custom1=www.7cups.com&custom2=%2Fforum%2FHealthyLivingSupport_141%2FMentalEmotionalHea&custom3=linkangood.com&t=1584184161548?mid=&wid=52607&sid=&tid=8687&rid=BEFORE_OPTOUT_REQ&t=1584184161549?mid=&wid=52607&sid=&tid=8687&rid=FINISHED&custom1=www.7cups.com&t=1584184161560?mid=&wid=52607&sid=&tid=8687&rid=OPTOUT_RESPONSE_OK&t=1584184161876

1
User Profile: OldSerendipityBoat
OldSerendipityBoat March 14th, 2020

@resourcefulPond1641

1.Totally vote for number 1 with all my might, all I want is to quit the city and return to my nature...

2. I reread books tens of timez, was a book worm and live lyrics, poetry, quotations...

3. Yes, in layman terms tgey are called "sighs"...extremely rarely do I get quality rest...but I sigh alot...😶