Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Interconnectedness of Mental and Physical Well-Being

User Profile: sunnyWriting4806
sunnyWriting4806 December 2nd, 2021

I think it's important to note in our journey to better mental health and care for it that mental health is not a separate entity from our physical health! More and more connections on the molecular level are being found to connect these two realms together. Therefore to take care of our mental health is to care for our physical health and vice versa, to care for our physical health is to care for our mental health.

What are some examples in your life that have shown this relationship?

For me eating healthy has definitely shown this. I realized when I eat well and choose out my nutrients and diet, my energy levels are noticeably higher, my mood is great and I'm less tired throughout my day. Conversely, on days I don't eat well I notice more frequent symptoms of tiredness, lack of motivation and more prone to negative emotions.

1
User Profile: Sunisshiningandsoareyou
Sunisshiningandsoareyou December 4th, 2021

Hey @sunnyWriting4806, great thought ! There's certainly an interconnectedness amongst the two and it can be easily witnessed in the basic eat ,sleep play in our life .

You've picked a good one ~ food / eating habits !

I'll choose sleep, a bad mental or physical health affects the sleeping pattern and the sleep alot .