@RaylaJen
Meditation. (There are literally hundreds of different types; it's whatever works for you. I'm sure there are many guided meditations on YouTube you can try.
I also am a pretty big reader and I used to write for a couple of hours each day. (I'm currently losing my sanity because I broke my wrist in my dominant hand and have to 'hunt and peck' with my left hand; that's not working out so well ;)
@JeffWM
Hey Jeff, sorry to hear about your wrist! I'm also a huge fan of meditation and I understand that writing is a great help to many people also.
It's been a few weeks since your post, so as one fellow avid reader, I hope you've been able to get back to writing with your right hand!
@Reyy
My next appointment about my wrist is the 15th. My hand has been in a brace about 240 days now. Even when it comes out, I guess I'll need lots of physical therapy before I can use it. I could have fallen on my head!
@JeffWM
Oh dang, ~8 months is a long time for a brace. You're right that physical therapy would be needed after the brace is removed, but that means you're one step closer to re-connecting with a part of yourself that's been lost to you! And yeah, it's good that our natural instinct is to protect our heads, despite the repercussions. :p
@JeffWM have u looked into voice type apps for your writing or asking someone to write whilst you dictate.
Journaling, meditating, online "retail therapy" or watching a favorite show that helps me to focus my attention or energy elsewhere.
@PoliteOcean
Great activities, Ocean :)
@RaylaJen sometimes a combination of a walk and window shopping. Sometimes soaking feet in warm water
Get a student MUA to do a makeover..its budget friendly and looks professionally done
I like to de-stress by exercising. I enjoy to relax, by taking warm bubble baths.
@IsabelleJ same same
@SisterHaleemaCounselor
Nice, Sister :)
I was a bit reticent on saying what might be obvious, but sex and/or masturbation. If no one is being harmed, all ages limits are respected, and there isn't guilt associated, taking some time for self-pleasure is undoubtedly relaxing.