Best way to motivate yourself to go to the gym consistently?
How do you guys manage to motivate yourself to work-out on a consistent basis?
I always try to think of some motivation to help me through my workout.
@sunnyWriting4806
Hey there!.. This is a really great question. And one that is also a pretty common reason for "not" working out.
I believe we really all have to find and know what motivates us "individually". Also, (while I'm not sure what part of the world you are in), but here its almost winter time. Its getting colder, and makes it harder and more challenging to get outside (or want to be outside). Or even likely if you live in a "hotter" climate. And for those who don't care for heat or humidity.
BOTH of those factors can help motivate us in going "indoors" to the gym. Where the climate is controlled for both types of weather...... Now.. comes finding the motivation to go!...
So I must say, one thing I ALWAYS suggests to others as a Fitness instructor, is to Find something that you "ENJOY" doing! Do you like to Dance? Try finding a local dance class like ZUMBA (or the alike). Do you like to walk? Or the outdoors? Then perhaps finding a great Walking path, trail, or a local track can help. Taking your best music with you to help keep you on track!..... OR... What tends to help many, is finding or having an "accountability" partner in a friend or family member! Sometimes just having someone who likes the same things you do, or helps keep you company on a walk, or tries out a group fitness class with you at the gym can help!
My next suggestion is knowing your purpose and reasons for "wanting to workout". For your health, to feel better etc..etc.. Whatever that is for 'You' personally?! Dig deep and remind yourself of your own "Why's"... Why you started, Why you don't want to give up.. Why you want to keep going! Etc....
Find what works for YOU personally!. Find what YOU like personally!....
(Personally, I like to Dance, so I am motivated by going to local ZUMBA classes at they gym... And what keeps me motivated, is knowing that there are others there like myself working on the same common goals together! And that I'm not doing it alone). And on Days when I'm not teaching my "own" classes, or going to the gym to someone else's class, then I find workouts on YOUTUBE that I Love or inspire me. And I bookmark and save them. So that I can rotate them on days when I workout at home. And then in between those days, I also get outside as often as I can to walk, or walk my dog in the great weather!.. I also, try to plan ahead in knowing what I am going to do for each day of the week. Kind of like making a workout schedule for myself. Maybe this can help you as well?
Keep in mind every little bit you do counts and adds up! Good luck to you and we are here to support you.
@PoliteOcean
WOW! Thanks for the response and that was really helpful to see from your experience! I will keep that in mind when I go to the gym. Personally I want to go to the gym because of my well-being mentally and physically haha. It's been hard to keep up lately, but I think reading this can definitely formulate a motivation to do so.
@sunnyWriting4806
I think that is AWESOME of you to "want" to work on your well-being (both mentally & physically)! Those are absolutely amazing reasons to go to the gym! And as well as amazing "motivators"!
There will surely be those days where the motivation is "less & lacking" for us. But... again trying to remember your "why's" can help. Remember how it makes you feel "afterwards"! How good you feel mentally, physically, emotionally!.. And how Accomplished you will feel afterwards! And you can go at your own pace, in your own timeframe. Even just 30 minutes can help!
Better yet, dont' even put a time limit on it.... You know just "getting dressed and going is the Hardest part of it!"... Once you are there, you KNOW You've got this!
You can do it! We are here for you!