Can't lose weight
Hey! I wanna lose weight but I can't stop eating also have no energy to workout. It's depressing seeing myself in the mirror. How should I lose my weight? 😔
I tried cutting out soda, chips,and candy and so far it’s working,plus I replaced eating just because I was bored with more healthy ones
Depends a lot on your age, weight, sex, and goals. But the best method I've ever come across for losing weight is to cut out all sugars (including fruits). Walk for 1-2 hours each morning before eating anything. And of course keep your calorie intake low but not too low (you'll need your weight to figure this out). Good luck!
@Aarushi26Hey, so a number of tips and tricks I can offer without specific knowledge of your habits.1: Calorie counting and management are key to weight loss. I recommend grabbing a free app like MyFitnessPal, and just logging everything you eat and drink. (This includes sodas). Once you have a baseline, start shrinking your portion sizes to reduce the daily calorie count slowly. The app actually is reasonable at giving you a reasonable range.2: Take a look at everything you eat now, and look at healthier approaches to the foods. French fries? Buy a bag at the grocery store and bake them in the oven instead. Switch from beef burgers to lower calorie chicken or turkey burgers. Etc.3: Exercise, and it doesn't require drastic amounts. 20 minute daily walk in the park is a very good start. You can also do things like park you car farther out in the parking lot under a shade tree for some extra walking. Take the stairs instead of elevator. (Unreasonable on the 50th floor, but you get the idea.)4: Portions matter. You can eat the foods you like, so you don't feel like you're miserably dieting. Just instead of grabbing a big bag of chips, take a handful and toss them into a bowl as the snack instead. Don't upsize a meal at fast food, etc.5: Don't distracted snack eat. As in, watching a show while you eat a snack. The distraction leads to you missing your body saying it's fed, and you can overeat without realizing it.6: Set small, local goals. Like 3 lbs by Halloween (It's currently Sept 16th). Then 1-2 lbs by Thanksgiving. Don't focus only on the big goal of "x total lbs off". The bigger number can be discouraging. But little goals, even if you miss one, feel less daunting and will keep you on track better.
@GreyBear83 this sounds so helpful, even though this wasn't intended for me I hope I can start trying these tactics too and figure out what works for me.
Thank you.
@Aarushi26
Start small by adding healthy behaviors and over time you will see a change.
Do you track your food ? It might be an idea 💡 to see what your intake is currently. There are great free apps like Fitness Pal is a great one.
Movement in your day adding a little at a time will give you more energy.
I am on a health journey but a turtle 🐢 small steps are making a difference … keep us updated how you are doing. Thank you for sharing …