Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

FITNESS FRIDAY 1/03/20 - (OPEN DISCUSSION: HOW WILL YOU BE WORKING TOWARDS YOUR "FITNESS" IN THE NEW YEAR?!))

User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean January 3rd, 2020

HEY EVERYBODY!

WELCOME TO "FITNESS FRIDAY"~.

**With it being a whole New Year, its that time of year where Alot of people are heading back to the gym, or starting a New workout program, or perhaps getting back to an old one!?!....So, today is a good day to talk about your Health and Fitness goals!...

QUESTION:

WHAT WILL "YOU" BE DOING IN THIS NEW YEAR TO WORK TOWARDS YOUR FITNESS GOALS?~

Image result for fitness tips images Image result for fitness tips images

4
User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean OP January 3rd, 2020

**This year my goals for myself will be to continue with what I am doing now. Which is simply "remain active"~... For me that means doing something "each day".. Getting myself motivated during these colder months by not giving up... and getting to a class as much as I can when I'm not teaching my own. Otherwise I find it really easy to "not" do anything at all and end up sitting for long periods of time and becoming sedentary during the winter time...

**I intend to increase my free weights as well, and try to add more strength and weight bearing exercise to help with muscle tone.

User Profile: betterchoices
betterchoices January 3rd, 2020

I really loved those tip images! Those were really helpful! I was actually planning on doing some of those!!

I used to do yoga every day and I felt really good-- my weight was down, my body didn't ache, it helped me wake up and acclimate to the day... then I fell out of it once I switched jobs a few months ago. Now that I'm settled in, I'm gonna take yoga by the reins again and do it every morning! I also want to do more outside activities. I'm thinking of taking walks while I have downtime, like if I'm waiting on laundry to finish. If I need to mail something, I'll walk to the mailbox! Instead of taking a nap, I'll go for a jaunt! Stuff like that.

I'm starting really slow because I know if I rush into it, I'll get overwhelmed, discourage, and eventually fall out of it! So here's to the sloth approach!!

1 reply
User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean OP January 4th, 2020

@betterchoices

Hey there!

So glad that you found the tips beneficial!

How awesome for you that you are making a "plan" for yourself moving forward in your healthy living journey! I love the idea that you making AND taking "Small" steps towards your goals!

As you are correct that sometimes it can all be certainly over-whelming for some when they start "big" and make "too many" changes all at one!... So moving at a pace that is good for you is a wonderful approach in succeeding at moving forwards in your goals!

Thanks so much for this awesome response!

load more
User Profile: AveryLove
AveryLove January 5th, 2020

@PoliteOcean im late to the party! sorry, i was on a break

QUESTION:

WHAT WILL "YOU" BE DOING IN THIS NEW YEAR TO WORK TOWARDS YOUR FITNESS GOALS?~

so this year i am going to be less hard on myself, but i want to just move around more. I do not have any specific fitness goals, but i want to go outside more often. I guess do more steps everyday!!