Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Healthier Food Choices

January 14th, 2017

What are some food items which you'd like to cut back on (sugar, caffeinated beverages, etc.), and what are some healthier food choices, which you'd like to add to your eating plan?

4
January 16th, 2017

@RaylaJen

Personally, I have taken religious vows that free me from the choice of using any substance to the point of addiction. (This includes caffeine amongst other things, but it doesn't mean I never have a cup of coffee; I just don't regularly.)

For the most part, I believe that moderation and adding any physical activity is the key to start. After getting into better habits, reducing as much processed foods might be helpful.

1 reply
March 4th, 2017

@JeffWM

I agree that eating unprocessed and/or minimally processed food allows one to be healthier

load more
User Profile: AnnRecherche
AnnRecherche April 9th, 2017

I've decided to cut back on all of my sugar and caffeine intake. Whenever I'm craving something sweet, I switch it out for a fruit like strawberries or a banana, or even yogurt! I've slowly started to drink less soda every day, because caffeine is a drug and it's hard to stop cold turkey! I've been drinking more water, and trying to avoid any store-bought juices because most of them contain artificial sugars which are just as bad for you.

Best wishes to everyone!

April 15th, 2017

These are great healthy nutrition choices. The body doesn't require any processed sugar, so fruit is a healthier choice. While you are cutting back, have you considering trying decaffeinated beverages? Reducing soda intake sounds like a wise choice, as it contains so much added sugar. Eating whole fruit instead of juice sounds like a healthy option!