Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Healthy but Tasty foods include..

User Profile: YourFriendforever
YourFriendforever April 7th, 2017

Hello,

Share with us the names of some of the healthy but tasty foods that can be used as alternatives to fried, junk foods..

.

20
April 7th, 2017

Crunchy Oven Roasted Chickpeas

https://www.egglesscooking.com/oven-roasted-chickpeas/

So easy,healthy and yummy!

User Profile: YourFriendforever
YourFriendforever OP April 7th, 2017

@AlfalfaSproutDeux Wow that surely looks so delicious! and ofcourse HEALTHY! Thank you for sharing the recipe with us! :D :<3

April 7th, 2017

@YourFriendforever

You are most welcome! It really satisfies a chip craving! smiley

load more
load more
User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean April 7th, 2017

Well for those who have a "sweet tooth" and need something sweet, there are TONS of healthy options!

Bananas, Strawberries, berries, apples, peaches, oranges etc....etc...

For those who have a "salty/crunchy" craving.....Healthy Options can Include

Carrots, Almonds, (you can bake or "air-fry" Sweet potatoes or regular potatoes to make "Chips"!), Celery, Peanut Butter, Peanuts, Corn on the Cob

For Snack Options

Organic/Unbuttered/Unsalted Popcorns, Tortilla Chips (by once again cutting Tortilla in slices, seasoning and baking or air-frying to a crisp)

**There are lots of options, you can also always use "Pinterest, or Google" :)

User Profile: YourFriendforever
YourFriendforever OP April 7th, 2017

@PoliteOcean Woohoo thanks for sharing that!! :-D

load more
April 7th, 2017

Banana Nice Cream. Only one ingredient necessary. Frozen bananas + blender/food processor = magic.

User Profile: YourFriendforever
YourFriendforever OP April 8th, 2017

@AlfalfaSproutDeux Yeah!! That sounds yummy!! :D Bananas are very good for health! So definitely it's healthy and tasty!!!

load more
April 7th, 2017

Avocado or salt-free guacamole.

User Profile: YourFriendforever
YourFriendforever OP April 8th, 2017

@RedSquid Wow, Ithat's definitely one of the things people should choose as food alternatives! :D

load more
User Profile: AnnRecherche
AnnRecherche April 9th, 2017

@YourFriendforever

Here's some tips I've seen online!
1. Potato Chips. - Instead of eating potato chips, try kale chils or some other kind of veggie chip.
2. Fries. - Instead of frying your potatoes, bake your potatoes in coconut oil! You get all the health benefits from coconut oil while still having crispy fries. Not everything has to be fried. :)
3. Mac & Cheese. - Make your own!! Add some butternut squash in place of elbow macaroni. It'll give your mac & cheese more texture and a hint of sweetness
4. Pizza. - Pizza is definitely one of the biggest comfort foods, but there are lots of undiscovered healthy pizza recipes that are just as cheap and easy to make. You can make pizza bites with zucchini, mini pizzas with eggplant or mushrooms, or you can make your pizza out of caluflower crust to add veggies to your diet and reduce your carb intake!

User Profile: YourFriendforever
YourFriendforever OP April 10th, 2017

@RoseRael Those make your own recipes with their own twists definitely made these much loved foods so much healthier and tastier!!! <3

User Profile: AnnRecherche
AnnRecherche April 10th, 2017

@YourFriendforever

I know! They're really helpful. I've found some AWESOME ones online, and I've totally turned my diet around. It feels great to know you're filling your body with the best things possible. Being healthy isn't just good for your body, it's good for your mind too. :)

User Profile: YourFriendforever
YourFriendforever OP April 10th, 2017

@RoseRael so true! And these are healthy and tasty!! So five stars!!

load more
load more
load more
April 10th, 2017

Medjool Dates

Delicious on their own or next level yummy when filled with PB2 or any nut butter!

User Profile: YourFriendforever
YourFriendforever OP April 10th, 2017

@AlfalfaSproutDeux Thank you for sharing it with us.. :)

load more
User Profile: colourfulWatermelon53
colourfulWatermelon53 April 10th, 2017

I think the titel of this post is strange in a way, like you have to look out for healthy but tasty foods ;) Honestly I like pizza a lot but I often crave healthy snacks over others.
I absolutly love sweet potatoes, sometimes I make them into fries and put them in the air fryer, I add nothing to them because they have a great taste of their own.
I love love love oatmeal banana pancakes, it's so much better than a regular pancake, adding berries makes it even better :O the banana makes it sweet so you won't need sugar :D
I generaly don't have sugar in my house at all :o well snacks like chocolate, but I don't have sugar to put in my tea or wafels or anything.
Speaking about wafels you can make great vegan oatmeal wafels <3
Are you craving something with a bite? Try to use a cheese slicer or something like that to slice up some yams and taro's (taro's (purple sweet potatoes) are my absolute favorites. Put them in the oven or airfryer and keep a good eye on them! you can use a bit of coconut oil if you want to pay less atention but honestly you can go without.
Craving something that's unhealthy? Try to make it yourself and use fresh ingredients to make it a bit better.
Want pizza? Make your own dough and tomato sauce? It'll keep you from putting too much conservatives into your body.
Want candy? I really like some dried up fruits because they're quite sweet. But my favortite candy is this vegetarian candy witouth coloring and flavoring agents. Sure it's still candy and not too good for you but it's okay to have candy once in a while, specially when you make sure there isn;t any crap in there :D

User Profile: YourFriendforever
YourFriendforever OP April 10th, 2017

@colourfulWatermelon53 WOW! That was worth a share.. thank you so much for sharing this with all of the readers!! Impressive! :)

load more
User Profile: sweetvanilla1
sweetvanilla1 April 13th, 2017

Try avocado with some honey! I know it might sound weird, but it tastes better than your average dessert:)

User Profile: YourFriendforever
YourFriendforever OP April 14th, 2017

@sweetvanilla1 Really?? Okay I'll give that a try!!! :D

User Profile: sweetvanilla1
sweetvanilla1 April 14th, 2017

@YourFriendforever :) <3

load more
load more