I think you posted this in regards to being a vegetarian :) I actually really want to be one! I come from a family who eats a lot of meat, and at some point I stopped liking it, and mum isn't too gracious in it all, so I still have to eat it every so often.
But once I move out, no more meat for me :)
It's not really that I care for animals (I do care for them), but I just don't enjoy the taste of red meat. Fish I'm fine with... But yeah, it's strange!
I wanted to stop eating meat since I was about 18. At 41, finally, I stopped eating read meat and chicken completely. Before, I never ate fish or pork, because never liked the taste. More than two years of being vegetarian and very happy. Now I enjoy the taste of foods as never before. Warning: this is a one way ticket! :)
I've been a vegetarian for a year now. I've never liked milk, and can hardly get eggs down if they haven't been baked into something. I'm considering going vegan, but I've heard being vegan is a whole lifestyle and way of thinking that I'm not sure I have...
Of course I like animals, and I can see how the dairy and egg industries are bad, at least on a large scale, but I have nothing against having pet chickens/cows/goats and using the products that they produce as long as they're treated humanely. Any thoughts?
Hi! I have been vegan for almost a month! At first it was like a really huge sacrifice because it meant I needed to leave all dairy products! After two weeks I have notice changes in my body as well in my emotions, I am so much relaxed now! I really suggest trying almond/soy/coconut/rice milk they taste delicious and go well with anything! Foe dairy products... I eat tofu (it doesnt taste like anything at all) I like to cook it with a little soy sauce, it tastes great! I am very happy because I no longer have trouble digesting dairy, and my stomach just feels brand-new! :)
I have a huge problem, somehow I'm not able to eat vegetables. It's like my head doesnt allow it and I find it disgusting. Any advice how I can trick my head and try something out?
@colorfulSpace22 , use condiments, chilli, salsa, something on top.
I'd really like to try going veggie, and have already seriously cut down on how much meat I eat, but concern I have is getting enough iron. Does anyone have any tips?
Right now I'm flexitarian, this mean sometimes I eat meat. This is part of my plan, I know myself better than anybody, I know if I change very abruptly I going to fail, instead of make a quick change, I decided to make a very slow/progressive transition. I'm seeing several benefits, I wonder how it would be when I reach 100% vegetarian.