Health, Wellness, and Beauty (Acne)
A very popular topic that you guys voted for us to talk about was Acne! So@Jessicaand I will be telling you guys our routine and what we do to help acne. We will also be providing links to some DIY scrubs! Please remember that we?re sharing what helps us, these may not work the same for you!
LynniesRegular routine:
*I use Neutrogena Night Calming makeup remover wipes to take off my makeup, this product is very soothing to my sensitive skin
*In the mornings I use Clean&Clear Morning Burst Facial Scrub with Shine control, it helps wake me up and leaves my skin feeling soft and it does a good job of cleaning my pores
*At night I useGarnierClean Blackhead Eliminating Scrub, this has been the only product that?s helped me with my stubborn blackheads! However, it can leave your face a bit oily.
Now when I get very bad acne breakouts I have a different routine.
My Acne routine:
*I begin with Simple Sugars Green Tea W/ Tea Tree Facial Scrub, it leaves your skin a bit oily but it helps clear my acne up.
*I also apply Dead Sea Essential mud mask every day to help clear my acne up this also helps with the oily feeling from the facial scrub
What triggers my acne?
My acne flares up mostly when I?m very stressed out or if I have been eating unhealthy foods. I also found that when I drink more water my skin tends to stay clearer.
Hi, Jessica here! Throughout my life, I?ve had pretty clear skin with stress breakouts ever so often. Although I don?t deal with acne as bad as some, I still like to take preventative steps to take care of my skin and try to control the breakouts that I do get.
My facial tips and routine:
-When I wake up, I, likeLynnie, use Clean & Clear Morning Burst facial scrub. I love this brand and this specific facial scrub specifically, because it really wakes me up. I also love the scent. It is a nice citrus scent, but not toocitrusy!
-To remove my makeup, I usually just use whatever makeup remover wipes that I can find at my local drug store, but for the past few months, I?ve been using the Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes! They are soft, reasonably priced and do the job :-)
-After using the makeup wipes on my skin, I like to use Clean & Clear?s deep cleaning astringent. This contains acne medication, and is very helpful at cleaning deep into your facial pores. Using this after makeup removing wipes, my cotton ball comes up with makeup that was settled into my pores. I like using this a lot, because you can feel it working. It feels cool and a bit ?stingy? on your skin, but it feels very nice, and leaves your face feeling very refreshed.
-Now, if I decide to shower at night, I may skip the astringent and go for my Clean & Clear deep action exfoliating scrub (I keep this in my shower). It has many of the same effects, but I like using it in the shower better because it?s easier to rinse off :-) It has a nice minty smell, and leaves your face feeling refreshed and clean
-Sometimes I get pesky zits that shows up out of no where. One tip that I have for these, is any type of mint toothpaste. If you apply mint toothpaste over a pesky zit and place abandaidover it, it will decrease drastically in size overnight (or if you don?t have overnight, you can leave it there for a few hours). If you continue with a healthy facial routine, it should be completely taken care of.
As promised here are some awesomeDIYsfor treating acne:
https://www.top10homeremedies.com/diy-homemade/top-3-diy-homemade-acne-face-masks.html
https://wellnessmama.com/3628/sugar-scrub-recipe/
https://www.sassybella.com/2008/11/recession-proof-beauty-10-homemade-facial-scrubs/
https://www.enkivillage.com/diy-face-mask-for-acne.html
Here is also a few links on how to prevent acne:
https://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/teen-acne-13/10-tips-for-preventing-pimples
https://www.activebeat.com/your-health/15-best-ways-to-prevent-acne-avoid-breakouts-with-these-tips/
Products mentioned byLynnieand Jessica:
https://www.neutrogena.com/product/makeup+remover+cleansing+towelettes+-+night+calming.do
https://www.cleanandclear.com/facial-scrubs/morning-burst-shine-control-scrub
https://www.simplesugarsscrub.com/products/green-tea-with-tea-tree-facial-scrub
https://www.neutrogena.com/product/makeup+remover+cleansing+towelettes+-+25+count.do
https://www.cleanandclear.com/facial-scrubs/deep-action-exfoliating-scrub
https://www.cleanandclear.com/astringents-toners/essentials-deep-cleaning-astringent
Please fill out this quick survey to let us know what you'd like to discuss next! :) This is also the form to leave any feedback, thank you! Link is ---->Here
We'd love to hear your routines as well! So feel free to share below :)
@Lynnie
my routine consists of removing my make up with ivory soap and a sponge, then I use clean and clear cooling sensation exfoliating scrub and then I moisturize with lubriderm dry and sensitive skin lotion. I finish by applying Vaseline lip therapy to my lips.
I try to do an oatmeal mud mask once a week as well!
And of course some good ol vitamin D.
So happy for this. If anyone has anything to share, like Lynnie said,please do :)
Putting tea tree oil on acne can help as well.
the use of lemon and honey on your face can diminish the looks of acne scars:) helped fade several of the dark spots on my skin!
I would like share about massaging tip for acne, marks, cellulites or any thing itching on skin. I started using Cellublue for massaging since month ago. My itchiness and the cellulites both got reduced with few weeks. It is meilleur anti cellulite which reduces the fats of fat cells and improves the skin tissues. It was affordable for me and hypoallergic for any one. Sine it can be used on any type of skin.
This is the one which I was waiting to share with you all and I got that thread. Try this
I will use a dab of toothpaste on any bad blemish I get, it dries it up overnight that way I don't get any scarring! The downside of it however, is it dries up your skin as well, so be sure to apply moisturizer!
I have really oily skin & am prone to acne all the time and especially during my "monthly" and I just started using The Body Shop's Tea Tree oil skin care line and I can basically see an IMMEDIATE difference!! I thought twice about buying the "acne clearing lotion" but it's essentially a moisturizer WITH tea tree inside so it helps against the drying (which tea tree does dry your skin out) without making it too oily.
So basically I wake up & I use the Foaming Cleanser. Then I use the Toner. And I dab any acne with the Tea Tree Gel Stick. I moisturize where I get dry fast (cheeks) with the Acne Clearing Lotion. I do not use the BB cream but maybe at this point you might want to use that? Duringa shower if I can I use the Face Wash and Body Wash. Before bed I choose between the Cool & Creamy Cleanser & Squeaky Clean Scrub. Again at night apply lotion. And then once a week I use the tea tree face mask!
I found some useful article - How to get perfect Skin
https://www.unwantedissues.com/how-to-get-perfect-skin/
I also found some great article about 10 Home Remedies for Acne and Pimples that really works for me and might work for you too. From the list, I've tried Lemon juice, Honey, Aloe Vera, and cucumber. It left me a smooth healthy skin without acne and pimples.
Especially for people with cystic acne, but also for people who want a more "natural" skin routine.
For cleansing: Manuka honey (Everything is great about this.)
For toner: Apple cider Vinegar (Amazing for acne.)
For moisture: Jojoba oil(Works fantastic with acne, makes your skin smooth and makes the wrinkles less noticable.)
This routine has worked wonders for me and there are no scary chemicals in them. Also the skin responds better to them, than normal skincare does. If you want to read more about natural skincare, there are several sites for this on the internet. :)
@KMangoMadness
ya go gurrl 