5 Reasons Why a Skin-Care Routine Is Good for Your Mental Health
A daily cleanser, a nighttime mask, or even a bit of tinted moisturizer can save the appearance of your skin — and have major effects on your emotional well-being.

“The reality is that our skin in so many ways is a ‘check engine light’ for our internal health. When skin looks and feels good, we tend to feel better about ourselves,”
Here are five powerful reasons why.
1. A Skin-Care Routine Provides Stability in Your Day That Benefits Your Mental Health
A structured day with healthy routines that you follow regularly is important for body and mind. “Those routines include healthy eating habits, exercise, journaling, and skin care".
2. Focus on Doing Something Nice for Yourself to Stop a Worry Spiral
You might find that certain times of the day lend themselves to intrusive thoughts, but you can break negative patterns with self-care.
3. Regular Skin Pampering Triggers a Cascade of Chemicals in Your Brain That Boost Your Mood
Create a routine that feels good and includes products that you enjoy using.
4. Skin Care Provides a Chance to Bond With Loved Ones — and That’s a Boon to Mental Health
Research proved that there's a link between concentrated time with loved ones in pursuit of hobbies and enjoyable activities and greater levels of happiness.
5. Skin Care Is an Act of Kindness That Sends a Powerful Message
Right now, the world is a stressful place. So it might feel tempting to watch TV late into the night and then roll into bed without so much as splashing your face with water — you’re just too tired. But what if, instead, you focused on taking care of yourself in this small way. By taking five extra minutes to treat your skin, you’re sending a message: “I’m worth it,” says Traube.
What did you do for yourself today?
#Self-care #Well-being #Psychology
@calmDew1576
This post is awesome ❤️
@calmDew1576
Amazing tips!
@calmDew1576
Thank you so much for sharing this post with our Healthy Living Community! I personally Love these tips! And agree with them all!
I have had a skin/facial routine for many years. I used to work the "nightshift" for a long time as a nurse, and found that it was taking a bit of a toll on my skin.
Even though I had always done "something" for my skin since my highschool days, I think working the nightshift Really helped me to revamp things, and ramp things up a little bit more! I visited with a dermatologist, invested in better products, and it really helped me to feel more positive not only about what I was doing, but how I felt overall!.... And even though I now no longer work the nightshift and haven't in years, I still continue my routine to this day. We have to take care of ourselves, and our skin. Its the only body we have to live in right?!